We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to control bullet size for LineChart (EnableEffects)

Hi,

A basic LineChart (Type="Line") with effect enabled (EnableEffects="True") draw line and bullets on all points of the serie.

That's exactly what my users like but the bullets are a bit too big.

I can have many series and many points so with the bullet the chart becomes hard to read...

Is there a way to control the size and make it smaller (just few pixels) ??

I have attached a snapshot.

Best Regards,

Rodolphe

dotelinechart_d05ca60c.zip

6 Replies

RB Rodolphe Billottet January 28, 2014 07:55 AM UTC

Hi,

Actually, I think using LineChart is not a good idea in my case as I can have many series and points and that become tooo slow to display.

So I really need to keep using FastLine.

Can I use Adornments with FastLine chart to display dote ?

How can I do it on code behind ? 

My application load the series dynamically, so I can't use xaml  file to define the serie..

Regards,

Rodolphe

KV Karthikeyan V Syncfusion Team January 30, 2014 01:21 PM UTC

Hi Rodolphe,

Thanks for using the Syncfusion products.

We have analysed the reported requirement.  You can achieve your requirement by help of AdornmentInfo with Symbol,  SymbolHeight and SymbolWidth property.  

[XAML]

<Syncfusion:ChartSeries.AdornmentsInfo>

<Syncfusion:ChartAdornmentInfo Visible="True" Symbol="Ellipse" SymbolInterior="Red" SymbolHeight="20" SymbolWidth="20" />

</Syncfusion:ChartSeries.AdornmentsInfo>

</Syncfusion:ChartSeries> 

[C#]

series1.AdornmentsInfo.Visible = true;

series1.AdornmentsInfo.Symbol = Symbol.Ellipse;

series1.AdornmentsInfo.SymbolInterior = Brushes.Red;

series1.AdornmentsInfo.SymbolHeight = 20;

series1.AdornmentsInfo.SymbolWidth = 20;

Documentation Link:

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/wpf/chart/default.htm#!documents/adornmentsupportforf.htm

Note: AdornmentsInfo is the best way of your requirement. please use the EnableEffect instead of Adornments.

Please let us know if you require further assistance on this.

Thanks,

Karthikeyan V.

RB Rodolphe Billottet January 31, 2014 09:55 AM UTC

Thanks Karthikeyan for your reply,

Actually, I tried that solition by myslef. That matches my requirement except that displays the value as well, what I don't want...

Is there any way to disable the label with the standard WPF chart?

I saw it is possible with SF.Chart.

So I'm thinking of migrating my chart to SF.Chart but that does not seem to be a straightforward operation... Do you have some doc to do this migration?

- I want to keep the check box in the legend

- All the sample have white background and black lineStroke : how to control that.

- I'm using a ChartStripLine, is it working the same way ?

- I'm using InteractiveCursor as well, is it working the same way ?

- I need to display the serie point info when user pass the mouse over. Is that work the same way?

void SeriesMouseMove(object sender, ChartMouseEventArgs e)
        {
            double xValue = ChartArea.PointToValue(ChartArea.PrimaryAxis, areaPoint);    

KV Karthikeyan V Syncfusion Team February 3, 2014 01:15 PM UTC

Hi Rodolphe,

Thanks for the update.

Query 1: Is there any way to disable the label with the standard WPF chart?

We have analysed the reported requirement. Currently we do not have support for this in FastLine series.

Query 2: SfChart Query

SfChart

Available

I want to keep the check box in the legend

Yes, You can achieve your requirement by help of CheckBoxVisibility property as Visible in ChartLegend

All the sample have white background and black lineStroke : how to control that.

Yes, Please find the documentation link in below:

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/wpf/sfchart/default.htm#!documents/axis.htm

I'm using a ChartStripLine, is it working the same way ?

Yes, http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/wpf/sfchart/default.htm#!documents/axis.htm

I'm using InteractiveCursor as well, is it working the same way ?

Yes, http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/wpf/sfchart/default.htm#!documents/interactivity.htm

I need to display the series point info when user pass the mouse over. Is that working the same way?

void SeriesMouseMove(object sender, ChartMouseEventArgs e)
        {
            double xValue = ChartArea.PointToValue(ChartArea.PrimaryAxis, areaPoint);    

Yes, we can get the screen coordinate of the corresponding value.

Thanks,

Karthikeyan V.

RB Rodolphe Billottet February 5, 2014 04:46 AM UTC

Hi Karthikeyan

Thanks a lot for the detailled answer.

I have started to migrate my chart to Sf.Chart. The result is pretty good so far... better than before in term of look and feel..

Except one thing, I tried to sue ChartTrackBallBehavior (Interactvity) but honestly the look and feel is terrible.

I'm using a VerticalLineAnnotation instead, it's much better in term of look and customisation..

I have an a issue with Chart.PointToValue. I'm creating a new post for that.

Thanks,

Rodolphe

KV Karthikeyan V Syncfusion Team February 10, 2014 06:01 PM UTC

Hi Rodolphe,

Thanks for the update.

Query 1: ChartTrackBallBehavior

We would like to clarify the behaviour of ChartTrackBallBehavior. ChartTrackBallBehavior is a similar to BindingWithMouseMoveOnSegment feature of Chart interactivity cursor. So we can mouse move on chart surface, the ChartTrackBallBehavior move on data point and appearance can also able to customize the ChartTrackBallBehavior by using the ChartTrackBallStyle, AxisLabelAlignment, LabelHorizontalAlignment, LabelVerticaltalAlignment, LineStyle, and ShowLine properties.

We have prepared a sample based on this. Please download the sample under the following location.

The vertical and horizontal line of interactivity cursor can be achieved by using ChartCrossHairBehavior. Please find the details of ChartCrossHairBehavior in the below location under CrossHair & Trackball section.

Link: http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/wpf/sfchart/default.htm#!documents/interactivity.htm

Thanks,

Karthikeyan V.

Attachment: TrackBallCustomize_4b29a891.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon