We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Chart Save with custom size

I want to be able to export a chart to a .png file where the chart width and height is a size larger than what is displayed on the GUI.  For instance if the user shrinks down the width of the GUI, the chart is configured to get narrow as well.  When the user currently exports the chart, the output is the shrunk chart.  I want to be able to export the chart at a fixed larger width and height than what is displayed on the GUI without changing the GUI.

1 Reply

KV Karthikeyan V Syncfusion Team January 28, 2014 09:11 AM UTC

Hi Eric,

Thanks for using the Syncfusion products.

We have analysed reported requirement. You can achieve your requirement by help of CopyToClipboard method in ChartArea.

Code Snippet [C#]:

void Savebtn_Click(object sender, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs e)

{

Chart1.CopyToClipboard();

SaveFileDialog saveFileDialog = new SaveFileDialog();

string C_imageFilesFilter = "Bitmap(*.bmp)|*.bmp|JPEG(*.jpg,*.jpeg)|*.jpg;*.jpeg|Gif (*.gif)|*.gif|TIFF(*.tiff)|*.tiff|PNG(*.png)|*.png|WDP(*.wdp)|*.wdp|Xps file (*.xps)|*.xps|All files (*.*)|*.*";

saveFileDialog.Filter = C_imageFilesFilter;

if (saveFileDialog.ShowDialog() == true)

{

Chart1.Save(saveFileDialog.FileName);

}

}

We have prepared a sample based on this and please find the sample under the following location.

Note: If your requirement not based on this, please give me more information about your requirement. This would be helpful for us to serve you

Please let us know if you require further assistance on this.

Thanks,

Karthikeyan V.

ExportChartofGUI_3d320fed.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon