We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

sfDataGrid inside Popup

I am creating a DataGrid in xaml inside of a popup that will later be opened. I have it set up inside of the child property in XAML and the project compiles. However, when I call to set the isOpen of the Popup I am getting an exception message of 

System.OverflowException: Value was either too large or too small for a Decimal.
   at System.Decimal..ctor(Double value)
   at System.Convert.ToDecimal(Double value)
   at Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.ScrollAxis.DistanceLineCounter.Combine(DistanceLineCounter other, Int32 cookie)
   at Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.ScrollAxis.DistanceLineCounter.Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Collections.ITreeTableCounter.Combine(ITreeTableCounter other, Int32 cookie)
   at Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Collections.TreeTableWithCounterBranch.GetCounterTotal()

and the exception is "Value was either too large or too small for a Decimal."

Is this a bug in my code or is this an issue that you can replicate?

Thanks

5 Replies

JS Jeremy Shore NO LONGER WITH COMPANY January 21, 2014 03:46 PM UTC

I found what causes it to help you replicate it. If you place a sfDataGrid inside of a popup and then set up your columns with a GridTemplateColumn with the ColumnSizer as star then it throws this exception when you try to open the Popup.

Is there another way to make the column take up the whole area?

JG Jai Ganesh S Syncfusion Team January 22, 2014 05:03 PM UTC

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

We have analyzed the reported issue with our sample; we are unable to reproduce the issue. Could you please revert us by modifying the sample based on your application along with the replication procedure. This would be helpful for us to assist you better.

Sample: SfDataGridPopupSample.zip

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Thank you,

Jai Ganesh S

JS Jeremy Shore NO LONGER WITH COMPANY January 22, 2014 06:09 PM UTC

That is a wpf project. This is a problem with the WinRT controls. 

JG Jai Ganesh S Syncfusion Team January 23, 2014 11:53 AM UTC

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for your update.

We are able to reproduce the issue and we have already logged the issue report for this. We will fix this issue and include in our upcoming next release. Please follow up with the incident (118344) for further updates.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

Jai Ganesh S

JG Jai Ganesh S Syncfusion Team January 23, 2014 02:56 PM UTC

Hi Jeremy,

We are able to reproduce the issue and we have already logged the issue report for this. We will fix this issue and include in our upcoming service pack release which will be available in end of this month. We appreciate your patience until then, please follow up with the incident 118344 that we have created  for you under your Direct Trac Account for further updates.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

Jai Ganesh S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon