We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

DataGrid row selection

Hello,

I have a datagrid which I want to align vertical center the text on every row. But I have a problem, if I use the line of vertical alignment in the styles, I only can select the row when I click/press on the letters, when I click on the rest of the black space the row isn't selected. If I remove this line, now I can select the row wherever I press the row.
This is a bug, or I need to add some styling to the datagrid?

Thanks in advance for futher help.
Mário Queirós

5 Replies

JG Jai Ganesh S Syncfusion Team January 17, 2014 11:27 AM UTC

Hi Mario,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

We have analyzed your query and we are trying to reproduce the reported issue by writing the styles for GridCell and GridVirtualizingCellsControl and set as the VerticalAlignment as Center. But we are unable to reproduce the mentioned issue. Could you please share the Style that you are using in your application to set the VerticalAlignment as Center. This would be more helpful for us to serve you.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Thank you,

Jai Ganesh S

MQ Mário Queirós January 20, 2014 10:55 AM UTC

Hello,

I attached the code I used.

Thanks for the help.

styles_55a82769.zip

JG Jai Ganesh S Syncfusion Team January 23, 2014 07:10 AM UTC

Hi Mario,

Thank you for your update.

We have created a sample by apply your styles. We found that you set a HorizontalAlignment  in GridCell. If we set the HorizontalAlignment to GridCell and it is arranged based on text size. Hence the row is not selected when clicking the empty space. However, you can achieve your requirement by set ting the “TextAlignment”  property in GridColumn. We have prepared a  sample based on this and please find the sample under the following location.

Sample: WinrtGridSampleSelectionSample.zip

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

Jai Ganesh S

MQ Mário Queirós January 23, 2014 04:57 PM UTC

Hello Jai.

That did the trick.

Thank you!

JG Jai Ganesh S Syncfusion Team January 24, 2014 04:44 AM UTC

Hi Mario,

Thank you for the update.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Thank you,

Jai Ganesh S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon