We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

HtmlToPdf with Gecko

Hi,

must convert html-files to pdf. I have attempted with this sample: http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/asp.net/pdf/default.htm#!documents/htmltopdfconversionu.htm
But everytime my application raise the error "Syncfusion.GeckoHtmlRenderer.Base, Version=11.4350.0.26, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89" can not be find.

Can everybody help me?

Best regards Ralf

HTMLToPDF_2a8f35d7.zip

4 Replies

KC Karthikeyan Chandrasekar Syncfusion Team January 20, 2014 04:04 AM UTC

Hi Ralf,

Thank you for using Syncfusion Products.

Before we use Gecko we have to register GeckoWrapper.dll in the server.

Please make use of the SDK (shipped with install) available in the following location to register the assembly.

C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\10.1.0.44\XulRunner-2.0.sdk\bin\

GeckoWrapper.dll is built in debug mode and it requires ATL90.dll & msvcr90d.dll to be present in the machine. Being debug assemblies, these cannot be shipped using xcopy method of deployment. Hence it is required to install VC++ 2008 (SP1) Express edition alone in the server.

Here are the steps to follow:

1.    Install Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition with SP1 from the following link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/

2.    Copy the XulRunner-2.0.sdk to the server.

3.    Register the Syncfusion.GeckoWrapper.dll using the following command in command prompt:

regsvr32 Syncfusion.GeckoWrapper.dll

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Karthikeyan.C

RA Ralf Anacker January 20, 2014 10:50 AM UTC

Hi Karthikeyan,

thank you very much for your answer. Now i have 2 questions:

First: Can i use a newer Version from xul-Runner?
Second: The download-link for Visual C++ dosn't work. Must i install the express-edition when i have installed VS2008 Professional?

Best reagards Ralf

RA Ralf Anacker January 21, 2014 06:04 AM UTC

Hi Karthikeyan,

now i have installed visual c++ 2010. The registration was succesfully, but now i have another error.
In attachment you can find an image with this message.

Best regards Ralf

Error_sync_gecko_d6f2e4fa.zip

KC Karthikeyan Chandrasekar Syncfusion Team January 24, 2014 11:09 AM UTC

Hi Ralf,

Thank you for using Syncfusion Products.

GeckoWrapper.dll is built in debug mode and it requires ATL90.dll & msvcr90d.dll to be present in the machine. Being debug assemblies, these cannot be shipped using xcopy method of deployment. Hence it is required to install VC++ 2008 (SP1) Express edition alone in the server. Then register the Syncfusion.GeckoWrapper.dll

And please let us know why you prefer Gecko engine over MSHTML rendering Engine for converting HTML to PDF.

Thanks,

Karthikeyan.C

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon