We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Clock control causes too much processor occupation

Hi,
I've com across an awkward anomaly. I have a WinForms application in which there's a form with a docking manager and 6 docked controls. It's the most important for in the whole application an it features several functionalities and it's meant to be open and viewed continuously and occasionally interacting with users.
I've noticed that, after a while open (let's say, 15 minutes...) the application became extremelly slow and the windows task manager showed a processor occupancy of 40%-50% with this application. There was no code running except for internal .NET libraries. Minimizing the form would bring processor back to normal.
After some trial and error (selectively removing controls), I realised that when I removed a clock control in one of the docked controls, everything worked fine.
I guess there must be some drawing events that cause this behaviour.
For now, the solution was to remove this control, as it isn't "that" important, despite giving the users the ability to better view time at a glance.
Please be advised of this anomaly. If there's any procedure to be taken, please be so kind as to let me know.

Best regards,

António Pinho

5 Replies

KR Kannan R Syncfusion Team January 9, 2014 04:25 AM UTC

Hi Antonio,

Thank you  for using Syncfusion products.

We would like to let you know that, we have fixed similar issue in Clock control and it is included our Essential studio version v 11.4.0.26. Could you please upgrade to our latest version, check this case and let us know if this reported issue is resolved?

Please let us know if you need any further assistance,

Regards,

Kannan.R

AP António Pinho January 9, 2014 03:16 PM UTC

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. I'm glad the issue has been solved.
I'm currently using  version 11.1.0.21. I tried to upgrade the solution to 11.3.0.30 and got too many build errors, apparently because the solution targets framework 4.0 and the latter (and probably 11.4.0.26) seems to only install .NET 4.5 controls. (please correct me if I'm wrong). Since the application may need to run on Windows XP PCs it is not recommended to target version 4.5.
However, since it is not a critical feature, I chose not to include the clock control in the otherwise smooth running application.
Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

António

KR Kannan R Syncfusion Team January 15, 2014 08:49 AM UTC

Hi Antonio,

Thanks for your update.

We would like to let you that the Essential studio version v 11.4.0.26 can be used in only at Windows Xp environment. Could you please check the reported issue in Essential studio version v 11.4.0.26 and let us know?

Regards,

Kannan. R

AB andrew barnett February 8, 2015 07:11 PM UTC

This still seems to be an issue.  I am running 12.4.0.24 on windows 7 (development machine) and server 2008.

Any ideas

Regards
Andrew B

SK Senthil Kumaran Rajan Syncfusion Team February 9, 2015 03:13 PM UTC

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your update,

We regret to let you know that, we are unable to reproduce the reported behavior in Clock. Could you please check the sample attached in below location?

Sample : http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/Clock2087178803.zip

And if you are still able to reproduce the reported behavior, can you please share us a sample that can reproduce this reported behavior? That will be helpful for us to analyze and provide prompt solution as earlier as possible.

Please let us know if you need further assistance,

Regards,

Senthil kumaran

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon