We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Deleting from GridDataControl bound to Datatable causes crash

I had been trying to figure this out why I could not delete from my GridDataControl, bound to a DataTable, without it crashing with the error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." for the longest and I decided to implement a new class built with the basic DataGrid. I used the same coding and it worked. So I go back to the Syncfusion control to try to make it work but with no success. So I ran the demo that came with the software DataGrid->Data Binding->Data Table Demo and tried to delete a record and it crashed. No other demo crashed, only the one bound to a data table. So my question is, is this a bug? Why is this happening?

And btw, none of my objects are null the null object is being found inside the GridDataControl but of course I can't debug it.but here is the stack trace below...

Thank you in advance for your response.

"   at Syncfusion.Windows.Data.DataTableCollectionView.UpdateCollectionView(Object sender, NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs e)\r   at Syncfusion.Windows.Data.CollectionViewAdv.listChanged_ListChanged(Object sender, ListChangedEventArgs e)\r   at System.Data.DataView.OnListChanged(ListChangedEventArgs e)\r   at System.Data.DataView.IndexListChanged(Object sender, ListChangedEventArgs e)\r   at System.Data.DataView.IndexListChangedInternal(ListChangedEventArgs e)\r   at System.Data.DataViewListener.IndexListChanged(ListChangedEventArgs e)\r   at System.Data.Index.<OnListChanged>b__2(DataViewListener listener, ListChangedEventArgs args, Boolean arg2, Boolean arg3)\r   at System.Data.Listeners`1.Notify[T1,T2,T3](T1 arg1, T2 arg2, T3 arg3, Action`4 action)\r   at System.Data.Index.OnListChanged(ListChangedEventArgs e)\r   at System.Data.Index.OnListChanged(ListChangedType changedType, Int32 index)\r   at System.Data.Index.DeleteRecord(Int32 recordIndex, Boolean fireEvent)\r   at System.Data.Index.ApplyChangeAction(Int32 record, Int32 action, Int32 changeRecord)\r   at System.Data.Index.RecordStateChanged(Int32 record, DataViewRowState oldState, DataViewRowState newState)\r   at System.Data.DataTable.RecordStateChanged(Int32 record1, DataViewRowState oldState1, DataViewRowState newState1, Int32 record2, DataViewRowState oldState2, DataViewRowState newState2)\r   at System.Data.DataTable.SetNewRecordWorker(DataRow row, Int32 proposedRecord, DataRowAction action, Boolean isInMerge, Boolean suppressEnsurePropertyChanged, Int32 position, Boolean fireEvent, Exception& deferredException)\r   at System.Data.DataTable.DeleteRow(DataRow row)\r   at System.Data.DataRow.Delete()\r   at System.Data.DataRowCollection.Remove(DataRow row)\r   at TheProfessional.ViewModel.SharedStatusesViewModel.DeleteRecord(Object rec) in SharedStatusesViewModel.cs:line 136"

1 Reply

SH Shakul Hameed M Syncfusion Team January 17, 2014 04:32 AM UTC

Hi Sharron,

We are sorry about the inconvenience caused,

We had this issue in 11.3.0.30 and it has been fixed in our current version 11.4.0.27. Please upgrade to latest version in order to achieve your requirement.

Please let us know if you need further assistance,

Thanks,

Shakul Hameed

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon