We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Will syncfusion pdf reader have text search and text selection?

We've been using syncfusion to work on an LOB app.  We noticed that syncfusion PDF viewer does not have text search option or text selection.  A quick search on google showed that others like component one has both search and selection. 

Will syncfusion PDF reader be updated to have these features?

7 Replies

SM Suresh M Syncfusion Team January 3, 2014 04:38 AM UTC

Hi Nate,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products

At present we do support text search in PDF Viewer for Windows Form and WPF, we have logged Feature request reports for the implementation of the features Text search and Text selection in all platforms (WindowsForms, WPF, WinRT, MVC). Please open a direct trac incident to follow up the implementation of these features.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

Suresh

NS Nate Snowball January 3, 2014 06:15 PM UTC

Any idea when (approximately) text select and text search will be implemented?

SM Suresh M Syncfusion Team January 6, 2014 12:37 PM UTC

Hi Nate,

Thank you for your response.

At present we do not have any immediate plans to implement these features. However please follow up the implementation details in the incident created.

Thanks,

Suresh

NS Nate Snowball January 6, 2014 02:43 PM UTC

Can you please take a look at the modified sample you gave me?  I've included another pdf file, one of the files I need to put into our LOB.  Using the picker will work with that file, but putting that file (SpecBook.pdf) in the PageLoaded will crash the app. 

PDFViewerWintRT_2013_fa895161.zip

NS Nate Snowball January 6, 2014 03:32 PM UTC

Oops, wrong thread. 

SM Suresh M Syncfusion Team January 8, 2014 03:53 AM UTC

Hi Nate,

We have analyzed the sample provided and found that the BuildAction property of the document included in the project is set to “None”, it should be set to Embedded Resource to access the stream of the object. We have modified the sample and attached it in the link below for your reference.

Sample link: PDFViewerWintRT_2013.zip

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

Suresh

DF Dave Friedel replied to Suresh M March 6, 2014 08:16 PM UTC

Hi Nate,

At present we do not have any immediate plans to implement these features. However please follow up the implementation details in the incident created.

Thanks,

Suresh

Can I also request this be bumped in priority.  Your control is one of the best I have seen but is lacking text search - if it had that, I would be able to integrate it into our app.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon