We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Using GridTemplateColumn gives HorizontalAlignment and VerticalAlignment errors

I have followed example of the grids in the sample demo app.  GridTextColumn work fine, but when I change a column to use a GridTemplateColumn, the data still shows, but I get run time errors for each row.

I've attached the app.  Please explain how to use a GridTemplateColumn in the attached app.

System.Windows.Data Error: BindingExpression path error: 'HorizontalAlignment' property not found on 'Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Grid.GridTemplateColumn' 'Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Grid.GridTemplateColumn' (HashCode=42007851). BindingExpression: Path='HorizontalAlignment' DataItem='Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Grid.GridTemplateColumn' (HashCode=42007851); target element is 'System.Windows.Controls.ContentControl' (Name=''); target property is 'HorizontalAlignment' (type 'System.Windows.HorizontalAlignment')..

System.Windows.Data Error: BindingExpression path error: 'VerticalAlignment' property not found on 'Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Grid.GridTemplateColumn' 'Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Grid.GridTemplateColumn' (HashCode=42007851). BindingExpression: Path='VerticalAlignment' DataItem='Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Grid.GridTemplateColumn' (HashCode=42007851); target element is 'System.Windows.Controls.ContentControl' (Name=''); target property is 'VerticalAlignment' (type 'System.Windows.VerticalAlignment')..

GridTest.WP8_4b3a2fd.zip

3 Replies

JG Jai Ganesh S Syncfusion Team January 3, 2014 02:23 PM UTC

Hi Roger,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

We have analyzed your query. We are able to reproduce the issue. The fix for this issue is available in our next volume 1 2014 release. We appreciate your patience until then.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Thank you,

Jai Ganesh S

RW Roger Weiss January 6, 2014 01:56 PM UTC

Thanks Jai for your response.  Glad to hear there will be a fix. 
For now its a show stopper for me so I can't use the component until its resolved (I've recently purchased it).

Do you have an estimate when Volume 1 2014 will be released?

JG Jai Ganesh S Syncfusion Team January 10, 2014 12:02 PM UTC

Hi Roger,

Thanks for your update.

We have analyzed your query. We tentatively expect our Volume 1, 2014 release to be by the mid of February. As of now you can use the CustomGridCellTemplateRenderer to achieve your requirement. We have prepared the sample based on this and please find the sample under the following location,

Sample: GridTest.WP8.zip

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

Jai Ganesh S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon