We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Bug when adding Bootstrap 3.0.1.1 to MVC web app. Grid becomes hidden

Hi 

I think there is a bug with the Syncfusion ASP.NET MVC v11.3.0.30 when adding the Boostrap v3.0.1.1 files via NuGet. When the package is added the grid control becomes hidden on the page and other controls stop working. I think the problem is with the update of the jquery script files from v1.7.1 to v1.9.1 that Bootstrap installs.

To test this i did the following steps:
  1. Create a Syncfusion application using the Sample Creator with a grid and tools control, C#, Razor view engine
  2. Run the application and test that the sample grid and tools works.
  3. Install via NuGet the MS Entity Framework v6.0.2
  4. Run the application and test that the sample grid and tools works.
  5. Install via NuGet the Bootstrap v3.0.1.1 files
  6. Run the application and test that the sample grid and tools works. At this point the grid and the tools stop working. 
I have made no changes to the app such as adding the bootstrap details to the BundleConfig file, webconfig or updating or adding any of my own modules, other then installing Bootstrap.

Kind regards
Justin

1 Reply

AS Alan Sangeeth S Syncfusion Team December 20, 2013 09:59 AM UTC

Hi Justin,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

We are able to reproduce the issue and it has occurred due to higher version of jquery script (1.9.1). We have given support till jQuery 1.8.2 for the Product Version 11.3.0.30 and so to avoid the issue we suggest you to add jQuery migrate file. Please refer the below code snippet.

Code Snippet:

[_Layout.cshtml]

<head>

……..

<script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/jquery-1.9.1.js")" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/jquery-migrate-1.2.1.min.js")" type="text/javascript"></script>

……

</head>

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Alan Sangeeth S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon