We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Formula in Cell

Hi there, Please find the document. This is my requirement. Thanks Satish Formula_Editor_4494.zip

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 9, 2004 08:11 AM UTC

Without coding more than a line or two, you can put a GridAwareTextBox and a GridControl on a panel and have behavior close to what you described. It will be more Excel like in that as you type into the textbox, you see the characters entered dynamically in the cell below. And you enter an ''='' as the first character to signal that you are typing a formula. Below is a sample link that tries this with minimal work. If you want exactly what you described, then I think you could do it using your own textbox and then setting the cell value in teh OK handler. You could require teh = or not at tis point by adding it automatcically when you push teh value to teh cell in your button handler.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 9, 2004 08:12 AM UTC

Here is the sample. forum11496_1110.zip

SA Satish March 9, 2004 10:58 AM UTC

Hi Clay, Excellant code and very fast reply. But I have one more question. What all formula''s this grid supports. Can I make add generic formula to the grid. Thanks Satish >Here is the sample. > >forum11496_1110.zip > >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 9, 2004 12:08 PM UTC

Yes, you can add your own formulas. See this sample. It lists all the formulas we ship as well as shows you how to add your own. Syncfusion\Essential Suite\Grid\Samples\Quick Start\FormulaGrid

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon