We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

SfTextBoxExt AutoComplete issue

Hi,

I was testing the autocomplete feature of the SfTextBoxExt and I encountered a few issue with what I was trying to do.

1) My ItemSource is something like this :
A
AA
AB
AC
A1
B
C
D
E

When I hit "A", it suggest "AA", "AB", "AC", "A1" but it doesn't suggest me just "A". The same goes with "B" and other items that only contains one letters. I already set the MinimumPrefixChar to 1, but every time it won't display the one letter items in the suggestion dropdown.

2) Since it's just a few letters my SfTextBoxExt has a little witdth, but the suggestion dropdown displays larger data. I tried to increase the width of my StackPanel in the AutoCompleteItemTemplate but it didn't work.

6 Replies

VV Vignesh V Syncfusion Team December 16, 2013 02:20 PM UTC

Hi Jean,

Query1: SuggestionBox doesnot display single character.

We would like to inform you that the suggestion box displays suggestions for the forthcoming letters. When a single character is entered, it is considered as a complete word and suggestion will not be displayed. In such condition, 'SuggestionMode' can be set to 'Equals' to display that particular Item. 

Query2:  Modifying width of SuggestionBox does not work.

We are able to reproduce the problem 'Unable to Modify Width of SuggestionBox for larger data'. We have logged a bug report and fix for this issue will be available in our upcoming Service Pack release which is scheduled to be released by the end of January 2014. Please visit our website periodically for updates regarding releases.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Vignesh V

JM JEAN MICHEL CAMIZON December 17, 2013 08:06 AM UTC

Hi Vignesh,

Thank you for your answer.

Setting the SuggestionMode to 'Equal' doesn't work for me, because if I entered 'A' it will display 'A', but it won't display 'AA', 'AB', 'AC' and 'A1'.
Is there is specific mode that will allow me to display all the suggestion containing the letter 'A', even the one with 1 letter ?

VV Vignesh V Syncfusion Team December 19, 2013 04:32 PM UTC

Hi Jean,

We have prepared a sample that could meet your requirement of 'displaying Single letter in suggestion list'. In the sample we have used 'Custom' suggestion mode and created a method to filter all suggestions that starts with the entered Text.

Please find the sample in below link,

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Vignesh V

JM JEAN MICHEL CAMIZON December 26, 2013 09:14 AM UTC

Hi Vignesh,

This worked perfectly, thank you very much.

DY Di Yin January 20, 2016 03:39 AM UTC

I Have the same issue for version  13.3.0.18 and I try to download the sample you provide, but it repost 404 error. the file not exists.

SM Sugapriya Mariappan Syncfusion Team January 20, 2016 09:01 AM UTC

Hi Di Yin,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused

Please download the sample from the below link
Sample link:sftextboxextsample

In this sample, we have set the suggestion mode to custom and implemented a method called “MyFilter” to filter the suggestions that starts with the typed text

Please let us know if you need any other assistance

Regards,
M.Sugapriya

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon