We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How can I Bulk Edit with GanttControl.GanttGrid?

(I believe I posted this in the wrong forum originally, so I'm reposting it here)

Specifically, I need to find out how to stop the GanttGrid from deselecting all other nodes/rows when a cell is selected, and instead activate and start editing that cell.

This is the same procedure done for the WPF GridDataControl in this blog post / sample.

I've tried using nearly the same code with GanttGrid.InternalGrid, but the GridSelectionChangingEventArgs args in the SelectionChanging event only ever has a Reason of SelectRange, and there are a couple of other major behavioural differences with the GanttGrid.InternalGrid that prevent it from working as-is with the sample code.

Any help would be much appreciated.

4 Replies

AM Ahmed Makhdoom December 11, 2013 07:19 PM UTC

It seems that the node selection is done through a MouseController with the name SelectNodesMouseController.

Is the bulk editing only possible then by overriding this mouse controller somehow? It seems very hackish to do this.

We're currently using 10.3.0.43. Is bulk editing in the Gantt control supported in later versions or planned for a future release?

PR Pradeepa R V Syncfusion Team December 17, 2013 04:58 AM UTC

Hi Ahmed,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.

As of now we do not have support for bulk editing in “Gantt Grid” as like “Grid Data Control”. As per our current architecture it is designed to support only Single cell editing and Bulk editing is not possible. And we do not have plans to implement this feature in upcoming releases also. Please let us know if you need any other assistance.

Regards,

Pradeepa

SP Sebastián Perez Escribano replied to Ahmed Makhdoom March 4, 2018 03:14 PM UTC

(I believe I posted this in the wrong forum originally, so I'm reposting it here)

Specifically, I need to find out how to stop the GanttGrid from deselecting all other nodes/rows when a cell is selected, and instead activate and start editing that cell.

This is the same procedure done for the WPF GridDataControl in this blog post / sample.

I've tried using nearly the same code with GanttGrid.InternalGrid, but the GridSelectionChangingEventArgs args in the SelectionChanging event only ever has a Reason of SelectRange, and there are a couple of other major behavioural differences with the GanttGrid.InternalGrid that prevent it from working as-is with the sample code.

Any help would be much appreciated.

thx

SG Sridharan Gajendran Syncfusion Team March 8, 2018 12:41 PM UTC

Hi Sebastian, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support. 

We can achieve your requirement using workaround solution. Please find the sample in the following location. 

Regards, 
Sridharan 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon