We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Using WorkBook.Save or SaveAs changes originally opened WorkBook

Hi,

I am using xlsio 8.103.0.30 and trying to open a workbook write some text to a couple of cells and then save it again. Both Save and SaveAs completes with no errors but when opening the workbook the graph I had is formatted wrong and the VBA project suddenly has a new ThisWorkbook module (ThisWorkbook1). My original ThisWorkBook had some code in it and now this code won't run as it seems that ThisWorkBook1 is the preferred module.

Can anyone help med with this?

Using xlsEngine As New ExcelEngine
Dim application As IApplication = xlsEngine.Excel
application.UseNativeStorage = False
Dim workBook As IWorkbook = application.Workbooks.Open(filePath, ExcelVersion.Excel2007)Dim workSheet As IWorksheet = workBook.ActiveSheet
workSheet.Range("ProsjNr").Text = projectnumber
workSheet.Range("Prosjektnavn").Text = projectname
workBook.SaveAs(projectnumber & "-" & projectname & ".xlsm", ExcelSaveType.SaveAsXLS, response, ExcelDownloadType.PromptDialog)

workBook.Close()

End Using

Best regards
Pål Eilertsen

2 Replies

PE Pål Eilertsen December 5, 2013 12:03 PM UTC

The Workbook is a Excel 2010 macro enabled workbook (xlsm) file.

JM Johnson Monohar M Syncfusion Team December 11, 2013 11:12 AM UTC

Hi Pål Eilertsen,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

We have analyzed the reported issue and are not able to reproduce the issue from our side. It would be grateful if you could provide us the input template to investigate further on this. However, we strongly recommend you to upgrade to our latest version which has more features and enhancements and test the scenario with that. This could resolve the issue. If you are still facing the issue from the latest version, we request you to create a Direct Trac incident from the following link to have a follow-up of the issue.

Direct-Trac Link: http://www.syncfusion.com/support/directtrac/dtnewpost

Latest Version: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/latest-version

Thanks,
Johnson

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon