We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

XlsIO: Export from DB an formula

Hello,

I am evaluating XlsIO at the Moment. My first try was to export from MS SQL to Excel sheet. I works wonderfull but the formatting.

Though I created a Template file with the correct formatting. The column "BestellNR" is formatted as text. But it is not showing correctly. If I mark the data column in Excel and format as text. It works even though there numbers. Even a "insert:copystyles" is not working here. How can I correct that?

The second thing is that I added in my template file tree more columns with formulas. I expected that these extra columns would be copied down with the data. But the formulas are only shown in the first row.

I have read http://help.syncfusion.com/UG/Reporting/XlsIO/Windows%20Forms/default.htm#!documents/templatemarkers.htm

In your sample it seems to work and the formulas are copied down. What I am doing wrong?

Best Regards,

Markus Malebime

3 Replies

MK Manoj Kumar G M Syncfusion Team November 28, 2013 07:32 AM UTC

Hi Markus,

Please find the solution for your queries,

Query

Solution

The column "BestellNR" is formatted as text. But it is not showing correctly. If I mark the data column in Excel and format as text. It works even though there numbers. Even a "insert:copystyles" is not working here. How can I correct that?

This issue has been fixed in our latest version.

Please upgrade you essential studio to our latest version.

We have provided the latest version download link for your reference

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads

The second thing is that I added in my template file tree more columns with formulas. I expected that these extra columns would be copied down with the data. But the formulas are only shown in the first row.

We have support only to bind sources to the marked cells, adjacent cells are not copied.

Regards,
Manoj

MM Markus Malebime November 28, 2013 07:59 AM UTC

Hello Manoj,

thank you for your quick response. You have an exellent product. But I am evaluation already the latest version. So it might be an Excel issue. As you can see from my screenshots I am using a localized Excel version. How would I copy down the formatting/formulas programaticaly?

I normally used vba code:
Worksheets("Tabelle1").Range("J2:J<end>").Item(i).Formula
Worksheets("Tabelle1").Range("V2:V<end>").FillDown

to do it. How can it be done with XlsIO? I provide you with the template file could you please have a look at it. Perhaps the is the reason why the text formattin is wrong.

Thank you for your help!

Best Regards,

Markus

export_c7db1ff.rar

MK Manoj Kumar G M Syncfusion Team December 10, 2013 09:09 AM UTC

Hi Markus,

Kindly create an new incident from the below direct track link and update us the template in the incident. We can look into the issue and update you with further details.

Direct Track Link: http://www.syncfusion.com/support/directtrac/dtnewpost

Please let us know if you need any clarification.

Thanks,
Manojkumar

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon