We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ASP.Net MVC Grid Toolbar and Custom Editing

Using my own Add/Edit/Delete button instead of Syncfusion provided Toolbar
June 21, 2012 01:38 AM

Hi,

I am using Asp.Net MVC Grid with manual excel like editing feature in JSON action mode.

I am facing 2 issues.

1) I have requirement of using my own Save button instead of using "Update" button of Toolbar from the GRID. Can I make a call to the Save action method  specified in the grid's Mapper.SaveAction from my client side event.

2) Also I do not want to display the Toolbar at all, but want the editing feature (update). However, when I disable the toolbar for the grid and enable the Editing, the GRID does not show any records.

Shall appreciate quick response.

Thanks.

Himanshu Kumar

EXTRACT FROM MY CODE FOR GRID:

.Editing(edit =>
          {             
              edit.AllowNew(false);
              edit.AllowDelete(false);
              edit.AllowEdit(true);            
              edit.EditMode(GridEditMode.ManualExcel);    
              edit.PrimaryKey(key => key.Add(p => p.ProductID));                  
          })              
       .ToolBar(tools =>   
       {
           tools.EnableToolbar(false);
       })
        .Mappers(mapper =>
        {
            mapper.SaveAction("BulkSave"); // the action method to perform the update action           
        })

3 Replies

SK Shanmugaraja K Syncfusion Team November 26, 2013 07:01 AM UTC

Hi Himanshu,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

We have updated your query  in  incident  116055.Please follow up that incident  for further reference.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Shanmugaraja K.

GA Ganga February 21, 2015 06:29 AM UTC

I am also struck with the same problem. shall i pass the whole values of grid to controller using ajax ?

SK Shanmugaraja K Syncfusion Team February 24, 2015 11:13 AM UTC

Hi Ganga,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

We would like to let you know that the issue has been resolved in the Syncfusion v11.4.0.26. If, you are using Syncfusion version below 11.4.0.26, you may get this issue. So, We would also like to suggest you to upgrade to our Syncfusion latest version.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Shanmugaraja K

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon