We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

dynamic covered cells with text

In a databoundgrid I would like to suppress repeating adjacent values in the same row, covering the repeating cells with a single cell that shows the repeated value. I was able to do this after binding the grid, but was not able to get text to display (even using the work-around). I have attached my attempt to make this work. If I try to set the cell type in the preparestyle event, it seems to re-fire itself - it stops after (a long) while. There are some display problems with this - the values disappear if the cell is selected and unselected. Is there a better way to do this?

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 26, 2002 09:49 PM UTC

If you want to dynamically set covered cells, you can handle the QueryCoveredRange event, and dynamically provide the covered range. Also, since you want access to the style for things other than just drawing the cell, the QueryCellInfo event is a better place to put the work around than the PrepareViewStyleInfo event. Attached is your sample with these two events handled to provide the covered cells.

AK Andre King September 27, 2002 09:20 AM UTC

Thanks a lot. That's just what I needed. I put it in my real project and it works very well. regards, a

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon