We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Items not rendering properly

Hi,

I am using syncfusion essential studio for winrt in one of our store application.
On one of the application page , I am using sfcarousel to display item and on clicking the item navigating to another page passing the image source as an argument . On that page I am using sfpulsingtile to display the image whose source that I am passing as the argument .

But at times I have observed that on navigating back to the page where carousel is used the main item is not rendered properly and is at the location where the tile was placed.

I have tried refresh() , InvalidateArrange(), and updatelayout() method. But none of them are helping . Is there any solution to this.

4 Replies

VV Vignesh V Syncfusion Team November 18, 2013 12:33 PM UTC

Hi Gaurav,

We are unable to reproduce any problems with items location in SfCarouselItems after navigating back from PulsingTile. We have prepared a sample in which we tried to reproduce the reported problem.

Please find the sample in below link,

Carousel_114368.zip

Please provide us more information with snapshot and  modify this sample to reproduce your problem. So that it will be helpful for us to analyze and provide you accurate solution.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Vignesh V

GA gaurav November 19, 2013 10:55 AM UTC

Hi,

I tried making changes to my code using the sample you provided. But the problem is still there. In the image holder, I am passing a bitmap image rather than binding the source to the string. 
I am attaching the screen shot of the problem . This is mainly observed when the items don't take much  time to populate . We are fetching information from a xml file and populating the carousel items. When this process takes some time then the main selected item renders fine , but when this process is completed quickly then the problem occurs. 
Is there any way to invalidate the arrangement of the items . 
Br,
Gaurav

attachment1_1d3077ff.rar

GA gaurav November 21, 2013 08:39 AM UTC

Hi Team,
I just downloaded the latest essential studio version 11.3.0.33 . The items in carousel control are overlapping. I didn't made any changes to the setting . Then to be sure I switched back to version 11.3.0.30 and the layout was ok , with no overlapping. 
I am attaching screenshot of both the versions .
Also I am still observing displacement of main selected item in the carousel control . I tried downloading older version of essential studio and got a evaluation key for the same but when I inserted the key in the key box it says that "You are trying to unlock the 11.2.0.64 setup with an incorrect key from version 11.3.0.1.". 
Please help on this . As this is delaying our project . 

attachment2_74941361.rar

VJ Victory Jessie Selvam D Syncfusion Team November 22, 2013 10:26 AM UTC

Hi Gaurav,

Sorry for the inconvenience being caused.

Query #1: The items in carousel control are overlapping. I didn't made any changes to the setting. Then to be sure I switched back to version 11.3.0.30 and the layout was ok , with no overlapping. 

We are able to reproduce the "SfCarouselItems overlapping while navigating backwards using frames" issue in 11.3.0.33 version. We have logged a defect report for that and the fix for this issue will be available in our upcoming release. The issue can be resolved with the attached workaround sample. In the sample, layout of SfCarousel control is refreshed by calling Refresh() method in SfCarousel's Size Changed event.

Query #2: I tried downloading older version of essential studio and got a evaluation key for the same but when I inserted the key in the key box it says that "You are trying to unlock the 11.2.0.64 setup with an incorrect key from version 11.3.0.1."

We would like to let you know that all our unlock keys are version specific and we are providing an evaluation key only for our Essential Studio latest version(v11.3.x.x). So, you can evaluate only the latest version 11.3.x.x with your evaluation key. For further information, we request you to refer the following Knowledge Base article link,

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/2333

Please let us know whether the provided sample resolves your problem.

Regards,

Victory

Carousel_114368536337469_73232de9.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon