We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Responsive Charts

Hi,

I was trying out the JavaScript charts since they have a lot of features i need, but one thing they don't do well is being responsive when the window re-sizes. All the examples on the site uses fixed widths and heights. I am currently using Bootstrap for the layout of the webpage and i would like to have the chart in one of my panels that will resize based on the panel its in.

Is there examples of how to make the Chart more responsive. if they are not designed that way i think it would be very important to add that in future versions of the Javascript controls because this lets it scale based on window size for phones or for browsers.

I have attached a very basic example of your charts in a responsive panel. notice how they go out of the panel.

Issue_41e506e5.zip

3 Replies

GS Gowrimathi S Syncfusion Team November 7, 2013 12:10 PM UTC

Hi Brad,

Thanks for using Syncfusion product.

Please find the response for your query.

We can resize the chart when the window re-size. We suggest you to enable "needResize" property of chart to get responsive chart.

[JS-Code]

$("#Chart1").ejChart(

{

needResize:true,

});

I have enabled needResize in the sample that you have sent. Please find the sample from the attachment

Please let me know , if you have any queries

Regards

Gowrimathi S

Issue_87ccb168.zip

MM Matthias Max December 7, 2015 09:20 AM UTC

Is the needResize deprecated because your latest samples for Angular use "canResize"?

MP Michael Prabhu M Syncfusion Team December 7, 2015 10:00 AM UTC

Hi Matthias,
Thanks for using Syncfusion products.
Yes, the property "needResize" has been changed to "canResize" from the version 12.1.0.43. You can find our release notes in the below link.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/files2.syncfusion.com/Installs/v12.1.0.43/ReleaseNotes/JavaScript.html

Please let us know if you have any queries.
Thanks,
Michael.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon