We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How Do I Hide A ColumnSet

Hello, I have a gridgroupingcontrol using columnsets. One of the columnset is an ID that I do not want displayed. If I leave out the column in the columnsets then it gets placed at the end of the columns and the same thing occurs when I attempt gridgroupingcontrol1.TableDescriptor.ColumnSets.Remove("ID"). How can I hide this column? Thank you

5 Replies

SK Sarath Kumar P Syncfusion Team October 31, 2013 11:35 AM UTC

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

We are sorry for inconvenience caused. We are unable to reproduce the issue. We have prepared a simple sample, video demonstrating the working of the sample and the same can be downloaded from the following links.

sample- Sample.zip

video- Column hide.zip

Could you please try the above sample and get back to us whether you are able to reproduce the issue? If not, could you please give more information or by reproducing the issue in the above sample so that we could sort out the issue and provide you with solution. The information provided would be of great help in resolving the issue.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

P.SarathKumar.

JJ Jonathan Johnson November 1, 2013 07:13 PM UTC

Thank you,

I experience this issue when using merged rows in columnsets. I've attached a previous sample provided by y'all and replicated the issue in it. Thanks for your assistance.

ColumnSets_1c140e15.zip

SK Sarath Kumar P Syncfusion Team November 6, 2013 06:42 AM UTC

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your update.

We would like to let you know that to hide a column using Colum sets you have to use Add method in class file instead of using Remove method. Please refer below code snippets.

[Default.aspx.vb]

GridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.ColumnSets.Add("CustomerID")

GridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.ColumnSets.Add("ContactName")

The sample can be downloaded from the following link.

sample- Columset.zip

Regards,

P.SarathKumar.

JJ Jonathan Johnson November 6, 2013 06:21 PM UTC

Thank you, This solution works.

SK Sarath Kumar P Syncfusion Team November 7, 2013 04:34 AM UTC

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your update.

Regards,

P.SarathKumar.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon