We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Excel richText to PDF

Hi,

I'm using XlsIO and it's working great so far, but I ran into a problem.
I have two different fonts on one cell, to achieve that I used richText and in excel it works. But when I convert my xlsx file into a PDF with ExcelToPdfConverter, it seems that the richText is not recognize and i end up with only one font, the first of the two.

Is there a way to convert excel richText to PDF ?

5 Replies

SR Sridhar Syncfusion Team October 30, 2013 09:50 AM UTC

Hi Jean Michel Camizon,

Thank you for using Syncfusion prodcuts.

Please try the sample at your side by enabling the EmbedFonts property available with ExceltoPDFConverter settings.

Code Snippet[C#]:

ExcelToPdfConverterSettings setttings = new ExcelToPdfConverterSettings(); ;           

setttings.EmbedFonts = true;

If you still face the issue, please get back to us with the excel file with RichText Fonts so that we are able to proceed further on this.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

Sridhar.S

JM JEAN MICHEL CAMIZON October 31, 2013 09:58 AM UTC

I tried with EmbededFont = true but it didn't change anything.

I attached a sample with a single line of text with multiple style change.

richText_5cf5c50c.zip

SR Sridhar Syncfusion Team November 7, 2013 04:59 AM UTC

Hi JEAN MICHEL CAMIZON,

We are able to see the given excel file with rich text are converting to PDF document properly in the latest version 11.3.0.30. Could you please test the sample at your side with the latest version 11.3.0.30 and let us know if this helps you.

If you still face the issue, please revert back to us with the .Net Framework version, Essential Studio version so that we are able to proceed further on this.

Thanks,

Sridhar.S

JM JEAN MICHEL CAMIZON November 12, 2013 08:32 AM UTC

I  upgraded my syncfusion version and now the richtext format is correct on the PDF.
But, the cell where the richText is lost its alignement after the PDF conversion.
For example if my text is half red and half green centered left, in the PDF converted document it'll keep its color but the alignement will be deleted.

Maybe I'm missing something here, a settings or else.

SR Sridhar Syncfusion Team November 13, 2013 05:01 AM UTC

Hi JEAN MICHEL CAMIZON,

Thank you so much for your patience.

We are able to reproduce the above reported RTF issue with ExceltoPDFConverter. Please open a new direct-trac incident with a simple issue reproducing excel file (Text with half red and half green) for further follow up on this issue.

Direct-Trac Link:
https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

Sridhar.S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon