We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Chromeless Window

I have a "Hwnd of zero is not valid" error when performing a this.Close(); in the loaded event when the window was open thought a MyWindow.ShowDialog(). by going line by line the this.close(); is in fact called then the loaded event ends and come back to the MyWindow.ShowDialog() and then it crashes on the line. Like it didn't like the return.

This happen only when i have bindings in the window. without bindings it works perfectly as it should. And with bindings i kept the same winfow and only switch <syncfusion:ChromelessWindow> for <Window> and it works. anyone know how to fix this bug ?

3 Replies

KP Karuppasamy P Syncfusion Team October 30, 2013 05:52 AM UTC

Hi Francis,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

You have mentioned that, the application crashes on closing the ChromelessWindow which have been opened using ShowDialog method. We have tried to reproduce the issue, but unable to reproduce the issue at our end. It would be better if you provide the stack trace and modify this sample with replication steps to reproduce the issue.
So that we could provide you an exact solution to the problem.

Thanks,
Karuppasamy P

ChromelessWindowTest_cb3f3b3c.zip

FR Francis Rouleau October 30, 2013 12:24 PM UTC

I cannot reproduce in a side project withou sending the full code and it work only locally. The window model uses over 15 different WCF services and have more than 600 bindings on it span over multiple tabs. i tried making a side project and replicate and i am not able to but i don't have time to waste to create services and 600+ binding just to test something that can be fix by using <window> instead. I cannot send the code but i can send the trace.

I was mostly wondering if someone seen the issue before and found a way around as i wasted over 3 days to find out the Chromeless window was the issue.

stacktrace :
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.CriticalFromHwnd(IntPtr hwnd)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.FromHwnd(IntPtr hwnd)
   at Syncfusion.Windows.Shared.ChromelessWindow.OnSourceInitialized(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Window.CreateSourceWindow(Boolean duringShow)
   at System.Windows.Window.CreateSourceWindowDuringShow()
   at System.Windows.Window.SafeCreateWindowDuringShow()
   at System.Windows.Window.ShowHelper(Object booleanBox)
   at System.Windows.Window.Show()
   at System.Windows.Window.ShowDialog()
   at IngUnitDesigner.ComponentSelection.CComponentSelection.RunDamperSelection(CDamper item) in C:\svn_repository\Designer\DLL\IngUnitDesigner\ComponentSelection\CComponentSelection.cs:line 279
   at IngUnitDesigner.ComponentSelection.CComponentSelection.StartSelection(CItem item) in C:\svn_repository\Designer\DLL\IngUnitDesigner\ComponentSelection\CComponentSelection.cs:line 73

KP Karuppasamy P Syncfusion Team November 8, 2013 10:19 AM UTC

Hi Francis,

Sorry for the delay caused.

We are unable to reproduce the reported issue. But still by keeping track of the stack trace provided, we found that there is a possibility for reported exception to arise. So we will log an issue report. We have created an incident #115425 under your DirectTrac account. Please follow that incident for further technical support.

Thanks,
Karuppasamy P

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon