We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Best approach for mail merge of labels

I've been asked to investigate using DocIO and mail merge to make a web-based label printing solution. I've built a Word label template using the standard Mailings > Create Labels functionality in Word 2010. I've then added a table to each of the labels and added my mail merge fields in. I've then copied the table across all 21 labels on the page.

I'm retrieving 50 unique records from my database, but when I merge using MailMerge.Execute(), I get 50 pages with each page containing 21 labels with the same field data. What I want is (in this case) just two full pages and a third page with the remaining 8 labels, with each label being unique.

Can you provide me with some pointers as to what I'm doing wrong?

1 Reply

SV Sivasubramani V Syncfusion Team October 23, 2013 09:33 AM UTC

Hi IT Helpdesk,  

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products. 

Based on the given details, we have prepared a sample to meet your requirement to mail merge 50 same merge fields (labels) available in the document with 50 records of data by means of using ‘Next” field in the input template document. Please find the same from the attachment below. 

Note: In the input template document we have inserted “next” field after each merge field in order to navigate to next record after mail merging the field. 

For more information regarding mail merge functionality of DocIO, kindly refer our UG documentation from below link.

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/windows%20forms/docio/default.htm#!documents/mailmerge.htm

If we misunderstood your requirement, kindly provide us with the more details on your requirement along with input document, expected output document and sample data for mail merge. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Thanks & Regards

Sivasubramani.V

Attachement_73c3c6d1.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon