We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

SelectionChangeCommitted does not fire when DisplayMember doesn''t change

Hi all, I am using the ComboBoxAdv control. I have noticed that when I have two values in my DataView that have DisplayMembers that are equal but ValueMembers that differ, the selectionchangecommitted event does not fire. For example, if i had two rows in my DataView such as: DisplayMember ValueMember Student1 1 Student1 2 SelectionChangeCommitted will not fire when I switch between the two of them in the ComboBox. Is this "by design"? Cole

3 Replies

CS Cole Shelton March 4, 2004 06:42 PM UTC

Here is additional info: Init: this.cboClient.Anchor = System.Windows.Forms.AnchorStyles.Top; this.cboClient.Border3DStyle = System.Windows.Forms.Border3DStyle.Flat; this.cboClient.DropDownStyle = System.Windows.Forms.ComboBoxStyle.DropDownList; this.cboClient.DroppedDown = false; this.cboClient.FlatBorderColor = System.Drawing.SystemColors.ControlText; this.cboClient.Location = new System.Drawing.Point(24, 24); this.cboClient.Name = "cboClient"; this.cboClient.SelectedIndex = -1; this.cboClient.Size = new System.Drawing.Size(256, 21); this.cboClient.TabIndex = 0; DataSource: cboClient.DataSource = vwClient; cboClient.DisplayMember = "SCLIENTNAME"; cboClient.ValueMember = "NCLIENTID"; >Hi all, > >I am using the ComboBoxAdv control. I have noticed that when I have two values in my DataView that have DisplayMembers that are equal but ValueMembers that differ, the selectionchangecommitted event does not fire. For example, if i had two rows in my DataView such as: > >DisplayMember ValueMember >Student1 1 >Student1 2 > >SelectionChangeCommitted will not fire when I switch between the two of them in the ComboBox. > >Is this "by design"? > >Cole

CS Cole Shelton March 4, 2004 07:14 PM UTC

FYI.. SelectedIndexChanged and SelectedValueChanged exhibit the same behavior.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 4, 2004 08:38 PM UTC

Hi Cole, Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. I could reproduce the problem here and have notified the development team in this regard. I will update you as soon as I hear from them. We appreciate your patience and cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon