We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GridGroupingControl RowHeader decoration conflicts with errorProvider

Hello,

In my gridGroupingControl I'm using the error provider functionality to indicate an error in the row header.

Basically the red dot appears in error case but it is "hidden" by the black arrow that indicates the selected row (I see the arrow with a red circle around it instead of the red dot with the exclamation mark).

How can I disable the black arrow that indicates the selected row (In my case it is not needed)?

Thanks,
Phil 

3 Replies

KC Karuppasamy C Syncfusion Team October 21, 2013 12:11 PM UTC

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

I analyzed your query.I am unable to reproduce the reported issue.The red dot appears clearly.after row selection the cyan  dot appears.however, The error icon displayed properly..Kindly,Refer to below sample  and screenshots for further details,

sample:

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/114494/CS-1998783508.zip

screenshots:

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/114494/screen%20shots421286853.zip

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Karuppasamy C

PG Philipp Gruber October 22, 2013 09:59 AM UTC

Hi Karuppasamy C,

Thanks for your response.
I know the Studio sample. In my scenario I set the properties that the user can select only complete data rows (not single cells) and also can't modify values (selection only). When the selection is changed I check the data if they are valid for the current context and set the error provider if not.

I attached a small example with my settings and the described problem. 

Thanks for your help,
Phil 

GridGrouping_b9a44b5.zip

AS Athiram S Syncfusion Team October 30, 2013 04:42 AM UTC

Hi Philipp,

Sorry for delay in replying.

You can handle "TableControlPrepareViewStyleInfo" event and achieve this behaviour.

Here is the code snippet:

void gridGroupingControl1_TableControlPrepareViewStyleInfo(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableControlPrepareViewStyleInfoEventArgs e)
        {
            if (e.Inner.ColIndex == 0)
                e.Inner.Style.CellType = "Header";
        }

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Athiram S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon