We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

SymbolPaletteItem XamlWriter.Save

I noticed in my performance profiler that my app is spending a lot (30%) of its time executing the above Save method in the OnMouseLefButtonDown of SymbolPaletteItem. I dragged a couple of items from the palette to the Canvas at the time. Is that the expected behavior?

2 Replies

PA Parthiban A Syncfusion Team October 22, 2013 10:30 AM UTC

Hi Marc,

By default dragging SymbolPaletteItem from symbol palette will undergoes serialization and deserialization. It will take some time. This is our default behaviour. However you can improve performance by use our virtual method CloneContent to return any object other than serialization process by internally. This method will avoid serialization and deserialization process by creating new object as you desired.

We had created sample in which we override that method to return new button object. It will considerably increase the performance. For more information please refer the attached sample.

Please let us know if you require further assist on this.

Regards,

Parthiban A.

PA Parthiban A Syncfusion Team October 22, 2013 10:37 AM UTC

Hi Marc,

Kinldy find the sample from this attachment.

Regards,
Parthiban A.

Grouping_4aec2dfe.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon