We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How do you change / access the "No records to display" text.

Is there a way of changing the default text within code in the Grid Grouping Control?

3 Replies

SD Sandhya D Syncfusion Team October 17, 2013 12:59 PM UTC

Hi Graham,
Thanks for your insterest in syncfusion products.
Your requirement "How do you change / access the "No records to display" text " can be achieved using "Localization" by changing the text in "App_GlobalResources" in "GridGroupin.en-US.resx" file. 
[GridGroupin.en-US.resx]:
Name: EmptyRecordsText       value: There are no records in grid

We have attached sample for your reference.Please get back to us if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Sandhya.D

LocalizeGrid_5fb5980c.zip

GG Graham Gardner October 18, 2013 09:53 PM UTC

The text you mentioned "There are no records in grid" is not the same that appears on my grid see attached image, and i have not changed anything.

NOTE: I am still using version 11.103.0.21

NoRecordsToDisplay_1158cebe.zip

SD Sandhya D Syncfusion Team October 21, 2013 07:24 AM UTC

Hi Graham

Thanks for your interest in syncfusion products.

We regret for the inconvenience caused. We are unable to reproduce the issue in our end.We request you to check whether you have set Localize="en-US" in your aspx.cs and do check whether your resource file "GridGrouping.en-US.resx" is named correctly.

We have created a video demonstration,So could you please try to reproduce the issue in our sample and send us back or send your sample so that we can provide you a better solution?

[Default.aspx.cs]:
 if (!IsPostBack)
            {
                List<MyClass1> list = new List<MyClass1>();
                this.GridGroupingControl1.DataSource = list;
                this.GridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Localize ="en-US";
              }

Please find the attached video below and let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Sandhya D

EmptyRecord_3043d071.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon