We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

datepicker in a partial view

Hello, 

I face the following problem with the datepicker
I use the code from this link (the view part only)  http://mvc.syncfusion.com/demos/ui/tools/DatePicker/throughview
in order to use a date picker in a partial view.
(I use this partial view as a template for  the dialog edit of a grid)

As a result I have a simple text box
When I use this code in a "normal" view (not partial), the datepicker works perfectly.

Thank you for your help.
ea

4 Replies

EA Eugenia Alefragi October 15, 2013 10:25 AM UTC

I would like to add a clarification to my previous post

The problem I have is that in the partial view the date picker appears as a text box and while editting, the callendar is not displayed at all.

SP Sunil Prabakar C Syncfusion Team October 17, 2013 11:00 AM UTC

Hi Eugenia,

We regret for the inconvenience caused.

In JSON mode Grid, we are unable to render the controls  while editing in  Dialog Template mode. Since scripts won’t be evaluated for controls like DatePicker. For this we need to create the controls in client side which is not available currently and We have logged “Enabling Unobtrusive for Web controls”  as a feature request in our database. We will implement this feature in any of our upcoming releases. We usually have an interval of at least three months between releases. The feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors such as product design, code compatibility and complexity. We will update you when this feature has been implemented.

Note : The support for controls in Dialog template while  editing was available in Server mode Grid. So we suggest you to use the Server mode Grid for this requirement.

Regards

Sunil Prabakar C

FA Fanisa December 9, 2015 10:22 AM UTC

What was the solution here?

KN Kavitha Narayanan Syncfusion Team December 11, 2015 09:23 AM UTC

Hi Fanisa,

We considered this “Enabling Unobtrusive for Web controls” as a feature request and a support incident has been created under your account to track the status of this requirement. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=/support/directtrac/incidents

Regards,

Kavitha N.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon