We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Excel File fails to load properly

I have existing xlsx file which I try to open with ExcelEngine.Application.Workbooks.Open( filename, ExcelOpetnType.Automatic). This workbook has a single sheet. After opening, the object inspector shows me that there are no Worksheets (null), but the Ranges are defined in the object tree. Hopefully it's something obvious I'm overlooking. BTW, my current code works fine if I use older xls files (v2003). My Syncfusion is currently at v11.103.0.21. I've attached a copy of file which has issues.

Syncfusion_Template_c42aa5fa.zip

3 Replies

SR Sridhar Syncfusion Team October 14, 2013 12:38 PM UTC

Hi Rolf,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Opening the file with XlsIO code, we could see the worksheets collection and range collection are return the count properly.

Could you please update us with the sample code snippet, sample and the web link for object inspector for further investigating on this reported issue?

Thanks,

Sridhar.S

RS Rolf Stocker October 14, 2013 05:14 PM UTC

I've attached the example xlsx again and a short code snippet from the code, as well as screenshots of inspector showing that after opening the file, I see null for Worksheets object

Test_7e40c427.zip

SR Sridhar Syncfusion Team October 18, 2013 08:42 AM UTC

Hi Rolf,

Thank you so much for the update.

We are able to see the reported issue with the version 11.1.0.21 and the reported issue has been fixed in our latest version 11.3.0.30. We recommend you to upgrade to the latest version to include this issue. Please get the latest version from the following link.

Latest Version: https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/latest-version

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

Sridhar.S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon