We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to use Chart in windows 8 metro app using c# and xaml

Hi,
I want to use Syncfusion chart in my windows 8 metro  application  using C# and XAML,where i have to display 3 charts like bar chart and pie chart and circular chart in grid in same page . i have seen Sample Browser Code Which syncfusion has given but while integrating in my app i couldn't able to use.
i am not getting how to use Chart in my application , please provide the solution which have both code c# and xaml . Thanks in advance.
Objective- How to use Chart in Windows 8 metro app 
Regards
Puneeth

22 Replies

SS Sheik Syed Abthaheer M Syncfusion Team October 14, 2013 09:05 AM UTC

Hi Puneeth,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

We have analyzed your query and we have prepared the sample based on your requirement (both XAML and C#). Please download the samples from the below location.

Also please refer the below SfChart WinRT documentation for further reference.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
M. Sheik

WinRT_Samples_2b074e9a.zip

PU Puneeth October 16, 2013 06:14 AM UTC

Hi
Sheik Syed,

Thank you very much for your useful code and sample.It exactly meet what i needs.I Am looking forward for further assistance and help from your side. thank you again.

Regards
Puneeth

SS Sheik Syed Abthaheer M Syncfusion Team October 21, 2013 10:25 AM UTC

Hi Puneeth,

Please let us know if you need any further assistance from us.

Regards,
M. Sheik

PU Puneeth October 28, 2013 06:03 AM UTC

Hi,
I have some queries regarding Scheduler and want to Customize in my app specific way .
  1. I want to create an appointment from my back end (database)data instead of front end.
  2. I need to show the list box with details on click of the date if there is an appointment is already available if not then i want to display empty ListBox . i dont want {+} button to create an appointment on click of date. Listbox should come on the same page .
  3. i want to block  AddEvent Flyout on Double click of date because my data will come from DB as i mentioned in my Question 1.
Please help me out to do this .
 Thank in advance .
Regards 
Puneeth 

MyPlan_b_369a354.rar

PU Puneeth October 28, 2013 06:06 AM UTC

Hi,
I have some queries regarding Scheduler and want to Customize in my app specific way .
  1. I want to create an appointment from my back end (database)data instead of front end.
  2. I need to show the list box with details on click of the date if there is an appointment is already available if not then i want to display empty ListBox . i dont want {+} button to create an appointment on click of date. Listbox should come on the same page .
  3. i want to block  AddEvent Flyout on Double click of date because my data will come from DB as i mentioned in my Question 1.
Please find the attachment. I want to customize the details as like attachment.

Please help me out to do this .
 Thank in advance .
Regards 
Puneeth 

MyPlan_b_6db6db23.rar

JO Joy Oyiess Rex  K Syncfusion Team October 29, 2013 10:09 AM UTC

Hi Puneeth,

Please find the response for the Schedule related queries below,

Query 1. Create an appointment from my back end (database)data instead of front end.

You requirement can be achieved by the AppointmentMapping feature of the SfSchedule, through this support you can map the appropriate properties.

We have created a simple sample for the sample, please find the sample in the attachment.

In the provided sample, we have used the following code snippet for Appointment Mapping

[Code Snippet]

<syncfusion:SfSchedule.AppointmentMapping>

<syncfusion:ScheduleAppointmentMapping

StartTimeMapping="AppStartTime"

EndTimeMapping="AppEndTime"

SubjectMapping="AppSubject"

AppointmentBackgroundMapping="AppBackground"   

LocationMapping="Where" </syncfusion:SfSchedule.AppointmentMapping>

Query 2. To show the list box with details

Your requirement can be achieved by cancel the default context menu in the ContextMenuOpening event of the SfSchedule.

Please find the code snippet for the same.

[Code Snippet]

void schedule_ContextMenuOpening(object sender, ContextMenuOpeningEventArgs e)

{

e.Cancel = true;

}

In the provided sample we have also stopped the default context menu and displayed a list box.

Query 3. To block DefaultAppointment Editor in Schedule

Your requirement can be achieved by cancel the default context menu in the AppointmentEditorOpening event of the SfSchedule.

Please find the code snippet for the same.

[Code Snippet]

void Schedule_AppointmentEditorOpening(object sender, AppointmentEditorOpeningEventArgs e)

{

e.Cancel = true;

}

In the provided sample we have also stopped the default AppointmentEditor of the Schedule.

If the provided solution doesn’t meet you requirement please revert us back with more information so that we could assist you better.

Please let us know, if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Joy Oyiess Rex K

Schedule_custom_class_9971d7b1.zip

PU Puneeth October 29, 2013 02:11 PM UTC

Hi Joy,

Thank you very much for your Solution.
Sure Let u know if any further assistance needed.Thank you once again.

Regards
Puneeth

JO Joy Oyiess Rex  K Syncfusion Team October 30, 2013 04:55 AM UTC

Hi Puneeth,

Thanks for your update, feel free to contact us.

We are happy to assist you as always.

Best Regards,

Joy Oyiess Rex K

PU Puneeth October 31, 2013 05:55 AM UTC

Hi Joy,

We are planning to buy license of syncfusion next week.
Please Support us in terms of Customization the Scheduler. 

Regards
Puneeth

JO Joy Oyiess Rex  K Syncfusion Team November 1, 2013 10:44 AM UTC

Hi Puneeth,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

You may contact salessupport@syncfusion.com for further assistance.

We are happy to assist you.

Regards,

Joy Oyiess Rex K

PU Puneeth November 7, 2013 01:03 PM UTC

Hi,

I am upgrading from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 to develop WinRT applications for Tablet.
Will the Syncfusion controls like Scheduler,Date Picker,BarCode Scanner and Pdf Generator support to work on  Windows 8.1 
Please let us know.

Regards
Puneeth

JO Joy Oyiess Rex  K Syncfusion Team November 8, 2013 01:02 PM UTC

Hi Puneeth,

In Windows 8.1 we are facing some issues in some of our controls, and we are working on this. The complete support for Windows 8.1 will be available from our upcoming volume release (Dec, 2013).

Please let us know, if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Joy Oyiess Rex K

PU Puneeth November 13, 2013 05:21 AM UTC

Hi Joy,

I want to know will the Scheduler control support for windows 8.1 upgrades.
Please let me know even if i use windows 8 scheduler whether it  cause any problem while migrating to windows 8.1

Thanks in advance 

Regards
Puneeth

JO Joy Oyiess Rex  K Syncfusion Team November 13, 2013 06:31 PM UTC

Hi Puneeth,

Yes, while upgrading to windows 8.1 we have faced certain issues while flipping in the Schedule,  but we have already fixed those issues and it will be available from our next volume release(Dec 2013).

We have attached the patch dll with this, to resolve the mentioned issue,

Replace the theme files from the provided folder in both the below locations,

C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\11.3.0.30\Assemblies for WinRT\Syncfusion.SfSchedule.WinRT\Themes

and

C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\11.3.0.30\SDK\Redist\CommonConfigurationeutral\Syncfusion.SfSchedule.WinRT\Themes

Replace the *.dll and *.pri files from the provided folder in both the below locations,

C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\11.3.0.30\Assemblies for WinRT

and

C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\11.3.0.30\SDK\References\CommonConfigurationeutral

Regards,

Joy Oyiess Rex K

dll_c5c060e3.zip

JO Joy Oyiess Rex  K Syncfusion Team November 14, 2013 07:37 AM UTC

Hi Puneeth,

Please ignore our previous update.

Yes, while upgrading to windows 8.1 we have faced certain issues while flipping in the Schedule,  but we have already fixed those issues and it will be available from our next volume release(Dec 2013).

We have attached the patch dll with this, to resolve the mentioned issue,

Replace the theme files from the provided folder in both the below locations,

C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\11.3.0.30\Assemblies for WinRT\Syncfusion.SfSchedule.WinRT\Themes

and

C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\11.3.0.30\SDK\Redist\CommonConfigurationeutral\Syncfusion.SfSchedule.WinRT\Themes

Replace the *.dll and *.pri files from the provided folder in both the below locations,

C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\11.3.0.30\Assemblies for WinRT

and

C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\11.3.0.30\SDK\References\CommonConfigurationeutral

Regards,

Joy Oyiess Rex K

Syncfusion.SfSchedule.WinRT_80a1fcb9.zip

PU Puneeth November 15, 2013 03:05 PM UTC

Hi,
 Thank you very much  for your response.

I have couple of Questions to clarify with you
  1. I am using DatePicker and getting the value on UI , but i want to know how  to set the value from my Code , like i am using two date picker, one will be on  the current date , the second will some calculation based on first DatePicker and need to show Calculated date,example: like from current date it should be +2 . can i have an event where i can get the selected value from Picker and set the value from my code .
  2. In the  Scheduler On click of Month And Week View i need to get the selected value like Date day , Month and Year ,example: if i clicked on 9th Dec 2013 these three details i need to get as  3 string objects and If any other Details or Scheduled appointments are  available on that day those all information i need to get on click event for that particular date .
Thanks in advance 
Puneeth 

JO Joy Oyiess Rex  K Syncfusion Team November 18, 2013 12:48 PM UTC

Hi Puneeth,

Thanks for your previous  update.

Please find the response for your previous queries below,

Regarding Query #1:

We have prepared a sample to address your requirement of 'changing second DatePicker value with some difference based first DatePicker'. In the sample we have used 'ValueChanged' event of first SfDatePicker to update the second.

Please find the sample in below link,

DatePicker_113838.zip

Regarding Query #2:

We have also prepared your sample to achieve your requirement of “ Get the Selected Date Informations such as SelectedDate  and Appointments(if available on the selected day)”, please find the sample in the attachment.

In the provided sample we have get the selected Date and Appointments in the ScheduleTapped event of the SfSchedule. Please find the code snippet below for the same.

[Code Snippet]

void schedule1_ScheduleTapped(object sender, ScheduleTappedEventArgs e)

{

this.date_TextBlock.Text = e.SelectedDate.ToString().Remove(11);

DateTime date = (DateTime)e.SelectedDate;

var appointments = from apps in (sender as SfSchedule).Appointments where apps.StartTime.Date == date.Date  select apps;

this.Apps_LstBox.ItemsSource = (IEnumerable)appointments;

this.Apps_LstBox.DisplayMemberPath = "Subject";

}

Regards,

Joy Oyiess Rex K

SelectedDatesAndApps_WinRT_b51793c6.zip

PU Puneeth November 19, 2013 02:35 PM UTC

Hi ,
Previous  given solution was fine.
 Thank you very much.

I have few questions to customize the Scheduler based on our requirements .

I am using syncfusion scheduler,  there i am able to show my own database  column values in the scheduler.
 Question ---
1.you creating an uniqueID for each Appointment and to update that Appointment are you using that id to update that particular Appointment .

My question is i actucally need one UniqueID in my database to make as Primary key and that same id i need to pass from UI on click of save so that it will UPDATE into The Database.
I tried to find to get that Unique ID property in my AppointmentEditorClosed event to but not got.

If you are not using anything like Unique ID then let me know how i can update my Appointment into my sqlite database, means That WHERE Clause what i can pass to update into my SQLITE table .
Note : SelectedDate Property will Not work here because in one date i can have No of Appointment .

protected async void schedule1_AppointmentEditorClosed(object sender, AppointmentEditorClosedEventArgs e)

{
            #region Appointment ID need to pass so its throughing error

Appointementdata objAppointementdata = new Appointementdata();
            ScheduleAppointment objScheduleAppointment = schedule1.SelectedAppointment;
            objAppointementdata.StartTime = objScheduleAppointment.StartTime.ToString();
            objAppointementdata.EndTime = objScheduleAppointment.EndTime.ToString();
            objAppointementdata.Subject = objScheduleAppointment.Subject;

//List<Common.Data.Appointementdata> lstappointment = await UpdateAppointment(objAppointementdata);
            #endregion
        }

2-> I am showing one popup on click of Date if the Date have any appointment already.suppose my popup is open and
 I am navigating by using next button (topLeft ) or previous button (Top Right) i need to hide that POPUP which i am not getting that on which Event i need to hide.

3 -> I need to know that suppose i have one date that could be Different not the Current date so if i am  coming from some other screen to my month or week view based Desired date i need to Open my Month and week view not based on my current
date .ex. i am passing 24/02/2014 to my Month view i need to show the Month view of that month that is 02 of 2014.
if you have any doubt about my question please let me know .

Please find the attachment for question 2.

Thanks
Puneeth

Attachments_d511a976.rar

JO Joy Oyiess Rex  K Syncfusion Team November 20, 2013 05:10 AM UTC

Hi Puneeth,

Thanks for your previous update.

We are currently analyzing on this, we will let you know the detail in two business days (Nov 22, 2013).

Regards,
Joy Oyiess Rex K

JO Joy Oyiess Rex  K Syncfusion Team November 22, 2013 02:07 PM UTC

Hi Puneeth,

We appreciate your patience.

Please find the response for your queries given below.

Regarding Unique ID for each appointment.

The RecurrenceID  property of the ScheduleAppointment has been calculated from its hash code, so we can use this property for unique ID.

Note:- This property is available from our latest WinRT SP release(v11.3.0.32).

Regarding Clear Custom Pop-up

We don’t have any direct support to listen  the  visible dates change while Navigation , but your requirement can be achieved by using the VisibleDates property of the SfSchedule. This is a property contains the visible dates collection of SfSchedule. This property gets changed while we navigate the view.

So when we bind the VisibleDates property of SfSchedule to a Local property in application, then local property gets changed when VisibleDates property gets changed. By listening to the local property changed (clear the pop –up in its set{}) we can perform required action.

Regarding MoveToDate

In Order to move to specific date, you can use the MoveToDate() method of the SfSchedule, where you need to pass the required date in that method.

Regards,

Joy Oyiess Rex K

PU Puneeth November 26, 2013 10:33 AM UTC

Thank you very much Joy ,

1-Now i am facing problem to Access your RecurrenceID that is coming in non public member of object sender so i don't have direct access of that. i tried all way of reflection in my collectionChanged Event but no luck . i will be happy if you able to provide me a simple code snippets to Access the RecurrenceID . i am mentioning in which event i am trying to get RecurrenceID .
 void Appointments_CollectionChanged(object sender, System.Collections.Specialized.NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs e){}

2-another Question is are we have event for save , delete and cancel Button click .

Thanks in Advance
Puneeth

JO Joy Oyiess Rex  K Syncfusion Team November 27, 2013 12:06 PM UTC

Hi Puneeth,

Thanks for your previous update.

Query #1: Regarding accessing RecurrenceID.

The RecurrenceID property of ScheduleAppointments is read-only property and this property is available only after WinRT SP v11.3.0.32. We have prepared a simple sample for the same, please find the sample in the attachment.

In the provided sample we have get the RecurrenceID for the SelectedAppointment in the ScheduleTapped event of the Schedule.

Query #2: Regarding events for Save/Cancel/Delete button.

Currently we don’t provide event support for Save/Cancel and Delete buttons in our ScheduleAppointmentEditor.

Regards,

Joy Oyiess Rex K

RecurreciveID_WinRT_5fdad0ac.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon