We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
Starting in 2019, the Reporting control is no longer included in Essential Studio. If you're experiencing issues with the Syncfusion Reporting Platform, Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer, we recommend migrating to Bold Reports, our dedicated reporting platform.

Bold Reports offers a comprehensive suite of tools and features for all your reporting needs, and we will help you make a smooth transition from the discontinued control. Our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/ is here to assist you with any questions or difficulties you may encounter during the migration process.

We thank you for choosing Syncfusion and appreciate your understanding.

WPF - ReportDesigner File Menu

Hi,

We are trying to implement a Report Designer in our Application. The issue i was having is trying to get the File Menu to show up so the user can save and open reports. I was doing everything the examples did, but we were using the Blend theme. When i switch to Metro the file menu showed up. Does the file menu only show up for Metro? Is is possible to get the File Menu for Blend or other themes?

Also is there any examples of customizing the look of the Report Designer in WPF like other controls? Example of why i may want to do this if you put Report Designer in Blend Theme the Report Data dock window background is White and does not go with the Blend theme should be a gray color.

Regards,
Brad S.

1 Reply

AS Anandakumar S Syncfusion Team October 11, 2013 10:25 AM UTC

Hi Brad,

Thanks for using Syncfusion Products.

You have to use ReportDesigner control inside the RibbonWindow to get Menu items properly. We have added working samples for ReportDesigner customization and Using it inside RibbonWindow  in the following location.

Sample: https://s3.amazonaws.com/files2.syncfusion.com/dtsupport/directtrac/111476/Report%20Designer-2127117473.zip

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Anandakumar S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon