We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Issues with Conditional Formatting

I'm using conditional formatting in the Syncfusion GridDataControl control to turn a row bold when a column value is set true. The GridDataControl is bound to an observable collection and each column is mapped accordingly. This works fine until the column "IsModified" is set to "IsHidden=true".

Column definition:

<syncfusion:GridDataVisibleColumn Width="5" IsReadOnly="True" HeaderText="IsModified" MappingName="IsModified" IsHidden="False"/>

<syncfusion:GridDataControl.ConditionalFormats>

<syncfusion:GridDataConditionalFormat Name="C1" >

<syncfusion:GridDataConditionalFormat.Style>

<syncfusion:GridDataStyleInfo>

<syncfusion:GridStyleInfo.Font>

<syncfusion:GridFontInfo FontWeight="Bold" />

</syncfusion:GridStyleInfo.Font>

</syncfusion:GridDataStyleInfo>

</syncfusion:GridDataConditionalFormat.Style>

<syncfusion:GridDataConditionalFormat.Conditions>

<syncfusion:GridDataCondition ColumnName="IsModified" ConditionType="Equals" Value="true" />

</syncfusion:GridDataConditionalFormat.Conditions>

</syncfusion:GridDataConditionalFormat>

</syncfusion:GridDataControl.ConditionalFormats>

I've a few observations:
* If the column "IsModified" is kept visible but width = 0, the conditional formatting doesn't work.
*I've tested it few times and everything works perfect until the time the "IsModified" column is viewable. Once  It's resized to 0 or set to hidden or even resized beyond the grid width , The column value is not updated and hence the conditional formatting doesn't work.

Note: There are other columns as well in the grid mapped to the Observable collection object properties and they work fine.
Can you please help?

3 Replies

TV Thangapriya V Syncfusion Team October 15, 2013 04:02 AM UTC

Hi Subha,

We have tested the reported issue with our sample based on the code snippet provided. But we are unable to reproduce the issue. So could you please modify the sample to reproduce the issue and let us know your current product version? This would be helpful for further analysis. Please find the sample in the following location.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Thangapriya

GridDataControlSample_conditionalformat_e2db88c4.zip

GV Grzegorz Vaban November 28, 2013 10:45 AM UTC

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same issue: I'm trying to highlight some rows in GridDataControl based on NotifyPropertyChanged fired from my ViewModel ( based on some incoming background messages), but it only seems to work if ApplyStyleToColumn column is visible on grid, unfortunately that is an internal flag that I can't expose to my users.

The conditional formatting is applied to cells, when I scroll down and backs (thus forcing grid to redraw cells) I can see the change, it's just that they're no visible immediately after event is fired and that is what I need.

SM Saravanan M Syncfusion Team December 10, 2013 04:30 AM UTC

Hi Vaban,

Sorry for delay causes,

We have tested with our sample. In this sample “IsSelected” column is hidden and applied to IsSelected column. So the style is applied for rows also. If you set ApplyStyleToColumn to  “IsSelected” style will be applied for IsSelected column only. This is the default behavior of Griddatacontrol. However we are unable to understand your query clearly.Could you please send more details regarding this issue and modified the sample(Previous update has the sample)based on your application and send the replication procedure with us? It would be helpful for further analysis.

Please let us know if you have any queries,

Regards,

Saravanan.M

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon