We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How can I hide Large Icons checkbox in XPMenu customization dialog?

Hi, Is there anyway to hide the "Large icons" checkbox in the XP Menu customization dialog box? Right now if no large icons are specified and this checkbox is checked, the toolbars comeup empty (no-bitmaps). thanks, - Reddy

8 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 1, 2004 04:17 PM UTC

Hi Reddy, I have tested for this issue here in our latest release Essential Suite v2.0.2.1, but could not recreate the above mentioned issue. The ToolBars displayed the BarItems irrespective of whether the "Large Icons" CheckBox was checked or not. I have attached the test_sample here. Please take a look at it and let me know if I have understood your requirements correctly. If not, kindly modify this to show the error and send it back to us so that we can further investigate it. We appreciate your cooperation, and thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 1, 2004 06:56 PM UTC

Guru, 1. Run the attached modified example. It has only small icons (Default paint style for baritems) and no large icons set. 2. Right click on toolbar and select customize. 3. In Customize dialog, on Options tab, check the "Large icons" checkbox and click ok. 4. Notice that the buttons appear to be gone. If you mouse over toolbar you will see small buttons with no text or image are there. Tooltips comeup. My point is, if there are no large icons set for the mainFrameBarManager, why even give the large icons option on the options tab of customize dialog? xpmenus_large_icons_3496.zip thanks, - Reddy

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 2, 2004 07:43 PM UTC

Hi Reddy, Thanks for the sample application. I have conveyed your suggestion to the development team and we will disable the "Large Icons" CheckBox (if no large ImageList is used) in our future releases. We appreciate your feedback, and thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 3, 2004 06:01 PM UTC

Hi Reddy, This is to inform you that the above mentioned feature (disabling of "Large Icons" CheckBox if no large ImageList is used) has been implemented in the Customize Dialog. Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 29, 2004 07:00 AM UTC

How about hiding the "Large icons" check box when there''s no large icons, rather than just disabling it? Our users will then not be asking what it is and why it''s disabled!

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 29, 2004 01:42 PM UTC

Yes, hiding this checkbox would be better. - Reddy

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 29, 2004 03:08 PM UTC

Hi Paul/Reddy Thanks for the feedback. I hope you guys have taken a look at this Essential Tools KnowledgeBase Article: How do I modify the look and feel of the Customization Dialog? which shows how you can modify the Customization Dialog. Regards Arun

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 6, 2004 05:39 AM UTC

Yes, I have now found I can do this myself, but I still think it would be better to be hidden automatically, rather than disabled.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon