We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Cannot bind to new value member.

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

112534 Sep 27,2013 12:44 AM Sep 30,2013 11:17 PM Windows Forms 1
Tags: GridControl
Pavan
Asked On September 27, 2013 12:44 AM

Hi,
    My grid ComboBox has a display member(string), value member(int) and data source as an empty binding list(ArrayList). So, it is displaying a message, 'Cannot bind to new display member' which is the default behaviour of a ComboBox. When I load the form, it is showing those respective cell values as integer values(Value Member) instead of string values(Display Member) and showing red color exception as shown in attachment on cell click.
    Now, I need a ComboBox in grid so that it should not show any such message when the binding list has no data. 
Thanks in advance.

Red_Exception_dae36191.rar

Vinish Kumar K [Syncfusion]
Replied On September 30, 2013 11:17 PM

Hi Pavan,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Combobox with empty display member

We have analysed the reported query in our end, as per the combobox architecture, we need to assign the valid datasource to combobox.

Because the display member only take  by combobox to display the data. Due to this the application throws an exception as you have showed in attached file.

So we request you to please set the valid data source to Combobox, and also please provide the sample which is you have used, we will provide any other suggestion to you.

Regards,

Vinish K

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;