We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Cannot bind to new value member.

Hi,
    My grid ComboBox has a display member(string), value member(int) and data source as an empty binding list(ArrayList). So, it is displaying a message, 'Cannot bind to new display member' which is the default behaviour of a ComboBox. When I load the form, it is showing those respective cell values as integer values(Value Member) instead of string values(Display Member) and showing red color exception as shown in attachment on cell click.
    Now, I need a ComboBox in grid so that it should not show any such message when the binding list has no data. 
Thanks in advance.

Red_Exception_dae36191.rar

1 Reply

VK Vinish Kumar K Syncfusion Team October 1, 2013 03:17 AM UTC

Hi Pavan,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Combobox with empty display member

We have analysed the reported query in our end, as per the combobox architecture, we need to assign the valid datasource to combobox.

Because the display member only take  by combobox to display the data. Due to this the application throws an exception as you have showed in attached file.

So we request you to please set the valid data source to Combobox, and also please provide the sample which is you have used, we will provide any other suggestion to you.

Regards,

Vinish K

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon