We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

XPMenu Icon Difficulty (No Large Icons, Strange Looking Icons)

I can''t seem to get large icons to work in my xp menu. I followed the tutorial, created a small ImageList and large ImageList, set them into the MainFrameBarManager, and I set the large icons property to true, but the icons remain small. Also, I seem to get a strange black shadow on my .ICO files when I load them into the menu items, but they look fine when I use them in other places in .NET (such as for the program icon). Any reason for this, the icons are all 32bit, and I set the ImageLists appropriately. Both small and large icons get thick black outlines.

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 25, 2004 10:10 PM UTC

Hi Vik, Please refer to this sample application attached here which shows how large (32x32) icons can be used in XPMenus. Let me know if you are using an older version of Essential Suite. The ''black shadow'' of the icons when used in menus is a known .NET framework issue and not a shortcoming of our controls. I am afraid there is nothing much we can do about it. Please let me know if you need any other information. Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 26, 2004 12:31 PM UTC

Hi Vik, The above sample was created using Essential Suite v2.0.2.1. If you are using an older version, please open an incident in DirectTrac in this regard, and I will update you with the download instructions for our latest release. Thanks for your cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon