We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Pasting text validation

I have the version 1.0.2.4 In the fix list, the following appears: “When pasting text, the text did not get validated.” I can see the exception in output window, but when I close the form I get an unhandled exception. Where should I handle these exceptions so I can close the form without any problem? This is happening if I have some cells formatted as double and drag’n drop text from other cells. Thanks.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 25, 2002 03:00 PM UTC

Sorry for the delay in responding to this question. The reason PasteCellText is not being hit is likely to do with trying to drag and drop between two grids where styles dataobject are being used instead of a text dataobject. PasteCellText is only hit for text drops. In the upcoming 1.1 release, for GridDataBoundGrids, where using styles on cells does not make sense, we have changed the default settings for the DataObjectConsumerOptions to handle only Text, so in that release, PasteCellText should happen by default when you drag and drop from one grid to anaother. If you need to validate style dataobjects for GridControl, then you can use the SaveCellInfo event.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon