We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Release Candidate?

Hi. I am curious about the current status of the "Release Candidate". I am fully aware of the delays that can occur when releasing a product of this quality and size. However, when a target date is missed, i.e. "We plan to ship a Release Candidate at the end of next week" - which implied 02/20/04, it would be nice to be given an update and perhaps a new target date. Keep up the good work, John

23 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 24, 2004 07:01 PM UTC

Hi John, Thanks for the compliments. We are working to get the Release Candidate out by this Friday. We appreciate your patience and cooperation. Regards Arun

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 27, 2004 05:49 PM UTC

Can we expect the release candidate today? We are really counting on spending this weekend relaying out our GUIS and would like to see the release candidate, Thanks, -Karl

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team February 27, 2004 07:06 PM UTC

Karl, I don''t think the RC will be available today. It is really hard for us to predict when this will finally be available. We are pretty much running things around the clock to get it out. It will be available very soon. Thanks for your patience. Best regards, Daniel Syncfusion

DW David Whatley March 3, 2004 04:00 AM UTC

Wanted to just say, good job guys. I know how hard it is to get something "final", keep up the good work. When it''s done, it''s done. Just keep the support level high, as you have thus far, and everyone will be happy campers in the end. :) David

SH Sue Harris March 9, 2004 03:25 AM UTC

Hi, Is there any updated news on the Release Candidate? Thanks, Sue

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 11, 2004 03:46 PM UTC

This "happy camper" is thinking of pitching his tent elsewhere... Is there any news? It doesn''t matter how vague or untrue it is - just something to give me hope! It has been a little quiet on these forums lately... John

ML Marc LaFleur March 11, 2004 06:35 PM UTC

I have to agree with John. >This "happy camper" is thinking of pitching his tent elsewhere... > >Is there any news? It doesn''t matter how vague or untrue it is - just something to give me hope! It has been a little quiet on these forums lately... > >John

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 12, 2004 03:58 PM UTC

Hi We have been testing interim builds of the Release Candidate the last couple of days. We hope to have a final build ready next week. We appreciate your patience and continued support for Syncfusion. We will post updates in the forums early next week. Regards Arun

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 12, 2004 05:13 PM UTC

(Closes eyes) (Crosses fingers) "I think you can I think you can I think you can...." Lookin' forward to it, guys!

NE Ne March 13, 2004 06:18 PM UTC

Well, it''s starting to look like 2.0 won''t make if for some time. Maybe timed along with Microsoft''s 2.0 release ?? :) >Hi > >We have been testing interim builds of the Release Candidate the last couple of days. We hope to have a final build ready next week. > >We appreciate your patience and continued support for Syncfusion. We will post updates in the forums early next week. > >Regards >Arun >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 14, 2004 12:51 PM UTC

I want a solid release, so I''m trying not to be overly anxious. I made the mistake of opening a Solution after the beta license expired without first applying the beta extender; lost all of the grids from the designer(they were invisible). Needed to replace all of them(a real pain, but recovered the Solution OK). 3/17 is upon us. I would prefer a BetaExtender tomorrow if the RC isn''t really going to be released. A little margin of safety if the BetaExtender doesn''t work as anticipated and another needs to be created. Overall I know these guys must be working like dogs to get this product out. It''s gonna be great. And, I''ve found their support to be better than almost any other vendor I''ve used. Michael

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 15, 2004 05:27 AM UTC

Hi there, i''m following this discussion for a couple month now. Did anybody of you notice when the syncfusion team put up the big release 2.0 banner on their home page? Was it october or september last year? So - WHERE IS THE 2.0 RELEASE? I did''nt see it! The only words i hear over and over again is: "The 2.0 release will be available by the end of the week..." I''m a developer too. And i know how hard it is to get a piece of software out on a specific date. But when you are playing the "by the end of the week"-game for more than 4 month now i really do get the impression that the only thing you are selling is hot air. Daniel. >I want a solid release, so I''m trying not to be overly anxious. I made the mistake of opening a Solution after the beta license expired without first applying the beta extender; lost all of the grids from the designer(they were invisible). Needed to replace all of them(a real pain, but recovered the Solution OK). 3/17 is upon us. I would prefer a BetaExtender tomorrow if the RC isn''t really going to be released. A little margin of safety if the BetaExtender doesn''t work as anticipated and another needs to be created. Overall I know these guys must be working like dogs to get this product out. It''s gonna be great. And, I''ve found their support to be better than almost any other vendor I''ve used. > >Michael

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 15, 2004 10:28 AM UTC

I think I got my first promotion for v2 in August of ''03. While using 1.6.8.1 and the beta for 2.x, I''ve found my share of problems that needed correcting. Clay and Jay have been really outstanding for me as far as trouble shooting and implementing changes in the 2.x code which would be necessary prior to a successfull RC. I''ve got applications too that are held up waiting for this release, but I know for sure that these guys are polishing this product. But I do want the BetaExtender today if the RC is delayed ;) Michael >Hi there, > >i''m following this discussion for a couple month now. Did anybody of you notice when the syncfusion team put up the big release 2.0 banner on their home page? Was it october or september last year? > >So - WHERE IS THE 2.0 RELEASE? I did''nt see it! >The only words i hear over and over again is: "The 2.0 release will be available by the end of the week..." > >I''m a developer too. And i know how hard it is to get a piece of software out on a specific date. But when you are playing the "by the end of the week"-game for more than 4 month now i really do get the impression that the only thing you are selling is hot air. > >Daniel. > > >>I want a solid release, so I''m trying not to be overly anxious. I made the mistake of opening a Solution after the beta license expired without first applying the beta extender; lost all of the grids from the designer(they were invisible). Needed to replace all of them(a real pain, but recovered the Solution OK). 3/17 is upon us. I would prefer a BetaExtender tomorrow if the RC isn''t really going to be released. A little margin of safety if the BetaExtender doesn''t work as anticipated and another needs to be created. Overall I know these guys must be working like dogs to get this product out. It''s gonna be great. And, I''ve found their support to be better than almost any other vendor I''ve used. >> >>Michael

DW David Whatley March 15, 2004 09:37 PM UTC

One unfortunate side effect is that their developers can''t provide their usual level of great technical support while they work to get this RC out the door. I''ve still got to live wiht 1.6, and there are a lot of issues. I can''t even tell if these issues are addressed in the upcoming 2.0, but I suspect not given how surprised they seem by the bugs I''m reporting. A tad frustrated with Syncfusion; for the first time. -- David

JR Joseph Rezuke March 16, 2004 12:28 PM UTC

I know in sports you can tell a lot about a team when they are under pressure!

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 16, 2004 07:24 PM UTC

>I know in sports you can tell a lot about a team when they are under pressure! Yes. And this is doing /a lot/ of damage to their reputation.

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team March 19, 2004 02:39 PM UTC

Everyone, Our apologies for the delay in getting version 2.0 out. We have made a few mistakes along the road to 2.0 and we will be sure to learn from these and not to repeat them in the future. Future release cycles should be right on target with the changes we have in place. David, we have a dedicated support team that is not really tied to the release effort. I checked pending issues under your account and noticed that all incidents have been marked as resolved. If you have any that you would like to address again or have any new ones that are high priority please send me an email (danielj at syncfusion.com) and I will follow up. Thanks again to every one of you for sticking with us through this release cycle. Best regards, Daniel Syncfusion

SH Sue Harris April 7, 2004 01:53 AM UTC

I''ve been pleased to see the release candidate, however I''ve noticed that there have still been quite a few bugs reported in the forums (and fixed internally) in the current 2.0.3.0 build. I''m curious to know whether in light of this fact, the next build will also be a release candidate, or a actual release. Also is there any feel on when the next build (RC or otherwise) will be available. Regards, Sue

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team April 7, 2004 07:19 PM UTC

Hi Sue, At this time we do not plans to release another RC. We hope to have the complete release available for download by the end of next week. If you need an interim build with fixes support will be able to provide a build. Thank you for using Syncfusion Essential Suite. Best regards, Daniel Syncfusion, Inc

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 8, 2004 08:05 PM UTC

Date GetDateOfFinalRelease() { Date finalReleaseDate; if(ReleaseDateEstimateAnythingLikePreviousEstimates == true) { finalReleaseDate = Date.Now() + OneWeek; } else { finalReleaseDate = "4/16/04"; } return finalReleaseDate; }

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 12, 2004 06:48 AM UTC

I hope Syncfusion developers write better code than this;) (and they do)

KI Kai Iske April 14, 2004 05:00 AM UTC

Closing in on the End-Of-Next-Week projection. We could definitely need some updated diagram/custom symbol code that correctly renders images within symbols (and that possibly provides some enhanced performance) and some NumberTextBox derived classes/designers that do no longer emit/serialize locale specific settings even if Culture specific options have been chosen. Any indication would be highly appreciated. We are to ship an RC of our product by the end of this month and I''d love to use an updated Suite. David, while we''re at it, I have two incidents open (9789 and 9518). Have these been resolved in the forthcoming release? Thanks Regards Kai Iske DWS Holding & Services

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 14, 2004 06:46 PM UTC

Hi Kai Currently we are testing interim build(s) of the final 2.0 version of Essential Suite. We will update the 2 incidents (9789, 9518) in Direct-Trac. The Essential Tools support team will follow up with you on those. Regards Arun

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon