We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

[Newbie] Floating toolbars

I'm new to the Syncfusion component and I've been playing with it for a few days now.
It is working very good.
We want to rebuild the GUI of our existing application. This application is written in .NETv3.5 using VS2008.
For the new GUI we want to use Syncfusion components and VS2012 (.NETv4.5).
See attachment for a screenshot of the old GUI.

I've been playing with the docking manager and a docking panel and I got that part working (the legend and the big white part, which is the map).
Now I'm trying with the toolbars. The old GUI has serious problems with the toolbars. We have multiple toolstrips on top and their location is on every load random. We've tried a lot but can't make the toolstrips be in the same order as the previous session. The toolstrip on the right is located correctly, but only because it is just 1 strip.

How would I do this using Syncfusion controls? I tried using ToolStripEx, but then I can't move the toolstrip around.

So my question is (finally ;)).
How to add multiple toolstrips that can me moved around by the user and also can be made floating? And the important part: how to save the locations/settings of the toolstrips?

Thanks,
Paul

MapWindowoldGUI_48b52cb9.zip

1 Reply

KR Kannan R Syncfusion Team September 18, 2013 11:16 AM UTC

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your interests in Syncfusion Products.

Query

Comments

How to add multiple toolstrips that can me moved around by the user and also can be made floating

Please find the steps in below to add ToolstripEx to Docking Manager.

Step1: Select ToolStripEx and Docking Manager from Tool Box and drop it form.

Step 2: Once DockingManager is dropped to Form, ToolStripEx will have Enable Docking in Docking Manager property.

Step 3: Set Enable Docking in Docking Manager as true in ToolStripEx.

Step 4: ToolStripEx will be added as Docking window with Docking Manager.

Step 5: Once this ToolstripEx is dragged and dropped out of Form, it will be in floating state.

And the important part: how to save the locations/settings of the toolstrips?

Please make use of SaveDockState() function to save child windows dockstate.

And LoadDockState() function to apply saved dockstate to docking manager child windows.

Please find the code snippet in below for reference.

Code Snippet:[C#]

//save DockState

this.dockingManager1.SaveDockState();

//Load DockState

this.dockingManager1.LoadDockState();

We have also prepared sample that tries to meet your requirement. and it can be downloaded from below location.

Sample Location: DockStates.zip

Note:

In this application, Docking manager dockstate can saved and applied using save and load button.

Please let us know if you have any concerns,

Regards,

Kannan.R

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon