We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Odd behaivour in Lightswitch controls

Is anybody else having problems with the Lightswitch controls when running in a Silverlight Web app? In the Syncfusion Shell I am finding that the menus don't launch the screens and the first column in the Sfdatagrid is missing at runtime. Also if I set SizeToGrid mode the data in the grid disappears altogether! The shell also allows users to close all the windows down so that they have no navigation options whatsoever. If anyone has any way of resolving these issues please let me know.

2 Replies

AA Allen Adams September 12, 2013 06:19 PM UTC

I have the same issues.  Datagrid appears on screen, but it doesn't respect any of the individual business types on the individual entities---they all are test boxes.

SA Santhosh A Syncfusion Team September 24, 2013 07:10 AM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Query

Comments

Menus don’t launch the screen in Syncfusion shell.

We are able to reproduce this issue and this will be fixed in our upcoming  Volume 4 release.

FirstColumn in SfDataGrid is missing at runtime

We have checked this issue in different scenarios , but we are not able to replicate the issue.

So would you please share some more information and steps to replicate the issue? That would be helpful for us to look into this issue further.

After Setting SizeToCells mode data in the grid disappears

We are able to reproduce the issue and this will be fixed with the upcoming Volume 4 release. Now you can use “Auto” column sizer to achieve your requirement.

The simple difference between Auto and SizeToCells is that Auto includes header cells while calculating column width but SizeToCells  does not include header cells.

Datagrid doesn’t respect any of the individual data types

LightSwitch SfDataGrid don’t have support for cell types currently. It loads text boxes for all types.

But you can achieve this requirement in sample level by replacing the appropriate column type.

The below code shows how to add ComboBoxColumn in SfDataGrid.

IContentItemProxy proxy = null;

partial void CreateNewTable_Created()

{

proxy = this.FindControl("grid");

proxy.ControlAvailable += proxy_ControlAvailable;

}

SfDataGrid dataGrid;

void proxy_ControlAvailable(object sender, ControlAvailableEventArgs e)

{

dataGrid = e.Control as SfDataGrid;                                   

this.Details.Dispatcher.BeginInvoke(() =>

{               

Dispatchers.Main.BeginInvoke(() =>

{

GridComboBoxColumn entryTypeColumn = new GridComboBoxColumn();

entryTypeColumn.ItemsSource = new List(){"One","Two","Three"};

entryTypeColumn.MappingName = "MappingName";

entryTypeColumn.AllowFiltering =dataGrid.AllowFiltering? true:false;

dataGrid.Columns.RemoveAt(1);

dataGrid.Columns.Insert(1,entryTypeColumn);                                    

});

});                       

}

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Thanks,

Santhosh A.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon