We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Mail merge on two column

Hello,
i would like to know ,how i can mail merge one list of  employees, on two column, if is possible.
Like this document.
Thanks
Nicolas

EmployeesReportDemo_fdeb0c98.rar

5 Replies

SV Sivasubramani V Syncfusion Team September 12, 2013 11:11 AM UTC

Hi Nicolas, 

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products. 

On analyzing the attached template document we are able to find “TableEnd” mail merge field (TableEnd:Employees) is placed at end of each column and “TableStart” is missing. In order perform mail merge within a table, kindly use “TableStart” merge field as first item of first cell and “TableEnd” merge field as last item of last cell of particular row. If your requirement is to perform mail merge in two columns (i.e., first set of data in first column and second set of data in second column, then move to next row and so on), kindly insert a NEXT field in second column before merge field (NEXT field denotes to move to next record and start mail merge with next set of records).

For more information regarding mail merge functionality of DocIO, kindly refer our UG documentation from below link.

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/windows%20forms/docio/documents/mailmerge.htm

We have modified the template document and prepared a sample for the same. Please do find the sample along with modified template from the attachment. Try running the sample and let us know if this helps you. If this is not your requirement, kindly provide more details about your exact requirement along with expected output document so that we can provide you with appropriate solution.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards
Sivasubramani

Documents_54d80538.zip

NG Nicolas Greco September 16, 2013 06:59 AM UTC

thank you for your message,

this is exactly what I needed.

Nicolas

SS Siva Subramanian Syncfusion Team September 17, 2013 09:06 AM UTC

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you for your update.

We are glad that our sample meets your requirement. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Sivasubramanian

IG Igor Gorjanc replied to Sivasubramani V August 5, 2021 09:40 AM UTC

I have a similar problem, so I wanted to check the provided example, but I got "Access denied" error.
Please, make this sample available also to other forum members.

Thank you.

HC Hemalatha Chiranjeevulu Syncfusion Team August 6, 2021 04:08 PM UTC

Hi Team,

Thank you for your update.

From the details, we have found that your requirement is to merge the field value in two columns. We have prepared the sample application to achieve your requirement and it can be downloaded from the below link
https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/111169/ze/MailMerge-260146633

Note: Please find the input document from the Data folder in the above sample.

In the above sample, we have done the following things,
  1. Loads the input Word document
  2. Gets data to perform mail merge
  3. Perform mail merge
  4. Save the Word document

Please refer the below link to know how to work with mail merge using DocIO:
GitHub
UG
KB

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Hemalatha C

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon