We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Importing the docx word file to html got an error message: "table grid"

Hi Syncfusion Team,
I encountered a problem when importing the word file(.docx) to html (this was working fine with .doc format). I had some formatted table in the word file. After I had clicked import button, I received an error message: "table grid". However when I had chosen Accept Format Change or Reject Format Change from formatted table in word file, that problem disappeared. Could you please tell me some ways to fix this problem?. Please see the attached log file and related images.
Thanks in advance,
Lee K

Logfile_Images_5e5d258f.rar

3 Replies

SK Sathish K Syncfusion Team September 12, 2013 06:30 AM UTC

Hi Lee,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products, 

We are not able to reproduce the mentioned exception while exporting Word document (*.docx) with track changes to HTML using DocIO. For your reference we have attached sample in which we tried  to reproduce the mentioned issue. Could you please provide us sample along with input Word document used on your side to reproduce the mentioned exception?  So that we can analyze further and update you with appropriate solution. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Sathish

DocToHTML_10746039.zip

LK Lee K September 13, 2013 06:20 AM UTC

Hi Sathish K,
Thank you for your quick reply.
After I updated the latest version that problem disappeared. However, there is a new issue with the result of the importing. Tables in html file were uncorrect display and lost the header & footer.
Thanks in advance,
Lee K

Wiki_PUR_4000_fa27be46.rar

SK Sathish K Syncfusion Team September 13, 2013 01:01 PM UTC

Hi Lee,

Thank you for your update,

Regarding Headers and Footers preservation during Word to HTML conversion:

HTML format files don’t support Headers and Footers, hence we cannot preserve Headers and Footers while converting Word document to HTML. The same behavior is reflected in MS Word and DocIO.

Regarding Table cell width preservation during Word to HTML conversion:

Could you please report the mentioned issue with “Table cell width preservation in Word Document to HTML conversion”, through Direct Track Developer Support System (https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents), because you can take the advantage of the expertise of a dedicated support engineer and a guaranteed response time and we hope you will take advantage of this system as well? If you have already reported, please ignore this.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Sathish

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon