We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Successive Workbook Opens

When attempting to open a second (same or different) workbook during an execution the following error is thrown: An unhandled exception of type ''System.ObjectDisposedException'' occurred in syncfusion.excelrw.dll Additional information: You can not use dipose object. code snippet is as follows: IWorkbook workBook = ExcelUtils.Open(fileName); /* Read data from worksheet into a grid */ workBook.Close(); ExcelUtils.Close(); What do I need to do to be able ditch the first workbook and get another?

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 22, 2004 02:59 AM UTC

Hi Joe, Thank you for your interest in syncfusion Essential ExcelRW. ExcelUtils.Close(); disposes all the unsaved objects so it will not be possible to access the workbook again. So, Please use this call only at the end when you want to dispose any unsaved objects. Please let me know if that doesnt help. Best regards, Stephen. >When attempting to open a second (same or different) workbook during an execution the following error is thrown: > >An unhandled exception of type ''System.ObjectDisposedException'' occurred in syncfusion.excelrw.dll > >Additional information: You can not use dipose object. > >code snippet is as follows: > >IWorkbook workBook = ExcelUtils.Open(fileName); >/* Read data from worksheet into a grid */ >workBook.Close(); >ExcelUtils.Close(); > >What do I need to do to be able ditch the first workbook and get another? > > > > > > >

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon