We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

SfDataGrid: Master-Detail View

Hi.

I'm trying to make a nested grid, but I'm having some trouble. If you see the attachment, you can see two SfDataGrids. The right one works as expected, where I'm mapping the RelationalColumn to a property called Row0 and Row1 on my ViewModel.

The left grid is where my trouble lies. Now I'm trying to map to a collection. The shown column has mappingname "Data[0]". The two nested grids should be mapped to "Data[1]" and "Data[2]". But this doesn't work. How do I achieve this functionality?

And finally. How to I add the autogenerated column (for the expandbutton) to a StackedHeader-Column?

//Nicky

App6_3a1930fa.zip

1 Reply

JG Jai Ganesh S Syncfusion Team September 11, 2013 11:43 AM UTC

Hi Nicky,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

We have analyzed your query with your sample. As of now we do not have support for reflecting the value from array in Master-DetailsView . However you can achieve your requirement by using “DetailsViewExpanding” event. We have modified your sample as per your requirement and please check the sample under the following location.

Sample: Master-DetailView.zip

Please let us know if you have any other queries.

Thank you,

Jai Ganesh S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon