We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

DomainGridDataControl AddNew

I'm having difficulty adding new rows with the DomainGridDataControl. Are there any samples I can look at?

Whenever I double click on the blank row to try to insert data, I get the NullPointerException at.

at Syncfusion.Windows.Data.CollectionViewAdv.AddNew()
   at Syncfusion.Windows.Controls.Grid.GridDataCurrentRecordManager.BeginEdit(Int32 recordIndex)
   at Syncfusion.Windows.Controls.Grid.GridDataCurrentRecordManager.OnGridCurrentCellStartEditing(Object sender, SyncfusionCancelRoutedEventArgs args)
   at Syncfusion.Windows.Controls.Grid.GridControlBase.OnCurrentCellStartEditing(SyncfusionCancelRoutedEventArgs e)
   at Syncfusion.Windows.Controls.Grid.GridControlBase.RaiseCurrentCellStartEditing()
   at Syncfusion.Windows.Controls.Grid.GridCurrentCell.BeginEdit(Boolean focusCellUIElement)
   at Syncfusion.Windows.Controls.Grid.GridSelectCellsMouseController.MouseDown(MouseControllerEventArgs e)
   at Syncfusion.Windows.Controls.Scroll.MouseControllerDispatcher.MouseDown(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at Syncfusion.Windows.Controls.Scroll.MouseControllerDispatcher.OnMouseDown(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at Syncfusion.Windows.Controls.Scroll.ScrollControl.OnMouseLeftButtonDown(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at Syncfusion.Windows.Controls.Grid.GridControlBase.OnMouseLeftButtonDown(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Control.OnMouseLeftButtonDown(Control ctrl, EventArgs e)
   at MS.Internal.JoltHelper.FireEvent(IntPtr unmanagedObj, IntPtr unmanagedObjArgs, Int32 argsTypeIndex, Int32 actualArgsTypeIndex, String eventName, UInt32 flags)

1 Reply

TV Thangapriya V Syncfusion Team October 10, 2013 11:23 AM UTC

Hi Chui,

Sorry for the delay caused.

In our implementation, we get the type of the column properties from its default constructor. When we try to type in AddNewRow, it will try to get the model details. But in DomainGridDataControl, we could not get column properties from the model, since the model is Domain Service Entity class and the Entity class does not have the default constructor. So NullReferenceException will be thrown when we try to type in AddNewRow, as the constructor is set to null. We have fixed that exception in our current source.

However, we do not provide confidential information and patches in the general forum.

You can also create an incident in our Direct trac account with the below link.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

That would be helpful for us to fix the issues and provide you the patch through incident.

But we regret to let you know that we do not have support for adding new row by using AddNewRow functionality in DomainGridDataControl.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Thangapriya

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon