We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Show formulas instead of values

Hi,

What is the best way to show underlying cell formula, rather than cell value of all the cells in a GridControl?

Thanks.

Nick

5 Replies

AK Arun Kumar V Syncfusion Team September 2, 2013 05:27 AM UTC

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Query:

What is the best way to show underlying cell formula, rather than cell value of all the cells in a GridControl?

Sorry for the delay. The best way to show the underlying cell formula is by using the following customization available in dashboard sample.
<InstalledLocation>\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\<InstalledVersion> \Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\Formula Support\Named Range Demo

Please let me know if I had misunderstood your query, if so please let me know so that I can help you to achieve better solution.

Regards,

Arun.

NB Nicholas Brassington September 9, 2013 09:44 PM UTC

Hi,
I looked at the demo and I was still unclear on how to display the formula instead of the calculated result in the grid in all cells in grid.

Can you elaborate?

Thanks,

Nick

AK Arun Kumar V Syncfusion Team September 13, 2013 03:47 AM UTC

Hi Nick.

Thanks for the update.

The sample will showcase how to get the formula’s text. I think we have misunderstood your query could you please clear us the exact requirement. If I not mistaken if you are trying to get the formula of a cell where the resulted value is displayed then please make use of the following ExceLikeUI demo available under product showcase. Here the hidden formula text had been placed in the top gridAware Textbox as like as in excel. Please make use of it, or if you looking for any other events to gain the text. Then please let me know we will help you with that scenario.

Regards,

Arun.

NB Nicholas Brassington September 13, 2013 02:25 PM UTC

Hi,

Here is an example of what I am trying to do:

If A1 contains a value of 10 and C3 contains a formula =A1, currently C3 will display the calculated result of 10.  Instead I want cell C3 to display the formula itself:  '=A1'.   I would like be able to toogle that option for every cell on the grid.  All cells display formulas, or all cells display their calculated values.

I don't really see how to do this from the sample, can you please explain the best way to handle this specific case?

Thanks,

Nick

AK Arun Kumar V Syncfusion Team September 17, 2013 04:20 AM UTC

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the update.

Thanks for the information. You can make use of the following formularange selection. Here you can toggle between the fomula text and the resulted formula answer. The formula text will be display as like as in Excel. When you select a cell the selection text will be passed to the cell. Whenever the currentcell is moved to another cell you will get the validated result.

Sample:Formula Range Selection Demo.zip

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Arun.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon