We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Removing Shapes from Map

Hi,

I am employing the Map control in a project but would like to know if it is possible to remove components of the map or prevent them from displaying. Specifically, I would like to remove the vector associated with the Antarctic from the world.shp file shipped with the sample.

I have looked around online but not managed to find a pre-made map available with this change nor tools that would allow me to make the change myself (I have installed Quantum GIS but am at a loss as to where to start).

Any help or pointers provided would be much appreciated.

3 Replies

JO Joy Oyiess Rex  K Syncfusion Team August 28, 2013 10:30 AM UTC

Hi Ian,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products,

We have analysed your query, based on the implementation of SfMaps there is no support provided for edit the ShapeFile, but we can achieve your requirement by removing the specific Shape from the ShapeFile in the Map Loaded event, by specifying a value for it.

We have created a simple sample for the same, please find the sample in the attachment.

In the below attached sample, we have a Heat map which represents "World - Population".  In the ItemsSource of Map, we have specifically set the Population for "Antarctica"   as 15.(In our case Antarctica need to be removed )

After the Map loaded, we have to get the VisibleShapes from the ShapeFile and then we can remove the Shape which have the shapeValue as 15.

Similarly we need to remove the respective MapItems from the ShapeFile(If necessary).

Please let us know, if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Joy Oyiess Rex K

RemoveShapes_Maps_WinRT_16f8e870.zip

IB Ian Bebbington September 2, 2013 08:28 PM UTC

Thanks for your reply Joy. I'm sure I'll use your approach at some point but in the mean time I managed to work out how to remove shapes using Quantum GIS.

Thank again.

JO Joy Oyiess Rex  K Syncfusion Team September 3, 2013 09:10 AM UTC

Hi Ian,

Thanks for your update,

Please let us know, if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Joy Oyiess Rex K

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon