We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Recommended approach for loading / updating data to the grid?

What is your recommended approach for loading / updating the datasource. calling databoundgrid.BeginLoadData() still does not suspend the grid. What is the best approach for accomplishing this? tia, Peter

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 23, 2004 01:31 PM UTC

I am not sure what you want to suspend. There is no method named BeginLoadData in GridDataBoundGrid. If you want to suspend drawing the grid, try using grid.BeginUpdate/grid.EndUpdate. If you want to suspend the binding to the datasource while you work on the datasource, try grid.Binder.SuspendBinding/grid.Binder.ResumeBinding to see if that does what you need. (Note - this is broken in some of the 2.0 betas, but should be fixed in the upcoming release.)

PE Peter February 23, 2004 03:05 PM UTC

i was using grid.beginUpdate() grid.EndUpdate() and datatable.beginloaddata() datatable.endloaddata() grid.Binder.SuspendBinding()grid.Binder.ResumeBinding() is just what i needed, thanks

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon