We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

cannot Open .Xlsm file

Hi,

I am trying to open xlsm file, but I got the following error. Please refer to the attached screen shot for the exception details.

The code I used to open is as follows:
_iwb = ExcelEngine.Excel.Workbooks.Open(file, ExcelOpenType.Automatic, ExcelParseOptions.DoNotParseCharts | ExcelParseOptions.DoNotParsePivotTable);

The weird thing is when I add one sheet from the excel book, then the book can be opened.

Thanks,

Xing

exception_1068c353.rar

4 Replies

XZ xing zhou August 21, 2013 08:20 PM UTC

Sorry, it's when I delete some sheet from the excel book, not add.

Thanks,

Xing

SR Sridhar Syncfusion Team August 22, 2013 10:06 AM UTC

Hi Xing Zhou,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

We are unable to reproduce the abvoe reported exception at our side. Could you please update us with the excel file or the simplified sample which reproduces the above reported exception so that we are able to proceed further on this.

Thanks,
Sridhar.S

XZ xing zhou August 22, 2013 01:37 PM UTC

Hi Sridhar.S,

I think that exception should be thrown by the excel engine. Do you have more information on that exception, for example, under which condition, that kind of exception will be thrown?

Also, I reviews other posts here related to excel book opening. Some technician from Syncfusion mentioned that sometime the structure of the our excel book is damaged although microsoft excel can open it as well. I am wondering if you have any utility to test if the intending open file is intact or not.

Thanks,

Xing

SR Sridhar Syncfusion Team August 26, 2013 10:52 AM UTC

Hi Xing Zhou,

Thank you so much for the update.

From the above given image the "Parameter name: relation" is used in many places with XlsIO source library, so we are unable to find out the actual cause of the issue at our side.
Please get back to us with the following details to proceed further on this issue.

1.The excel template file which causes the above reported exception
2.Complete stack trace for an exception
3.From which source the excel template was created (XlsIO or Microsoft Excel)?

Please let me know if you have any further clarifications.

Thanks,

Sridhar.S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon