We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Node position after rotation

Hi

I'm facing some problems after upgrading my application from Diagram WPF v.10.3.0.43 to 11.2.0.25. I have implemented rotation relative to the given point of the element/node (this point is placed on the one of two ends of the element, I attached screenshot which the element). To achieve that I set the RotateAngle property and the new position (OffsetX, OffsetY) of the node. After upgrading to new version the feature is not working. The rotation of the node causes element displacement. It seems that the new position is the result of some math calculation in the Syncfusion's lib (what kind of calculations?, have I any impact on theese?).

The standard rotation feature (rotation relative to the center of the node) works well. 

Can you please give me some advise how to implement a rotation relative to the point which is not the center of the node.

node_75fa6fe3.zip

1 Reply

SC Sudhakar C Syncfusion Team August 21, 2013 05:31 AM UTC

Hi Rafal,

Please find the response for your queries in below.

Query

Response

I'm facing some problems after upgrading my application from Diagram WPF v.10.3.0.43 to 11.2.0.25. I have implemented rotation relative to the given point of the element/node (this point is placed on the one of two ends of the element, I attached screenshot which the element). To achieve that I set the RotateAngle property and the new position (OffsetX, OffsetY) of the node. After upgrading to new version the feature is not working. The rotation of the node causes element displacement. It seems that the new position is the result of some math calculation in the Syncfusion's lib (what kind of calculations?, have I any impact on theese?).

By default, we have set the TopLeft position of the Node as Offset X & Offset Y value.

Old Behaviour :

When we rotate the Node, the TopLeft position of the Node is changed but the Offset X & Y value will not be changed. For example, please refer the attached image.

Current Behaviour :

When we rotate the Node, the TopLeft position of the Node is changed. So, now the Offset X & Y value of the Node will also be changed to the current TopLeft position. This is a correct behaviour. For more information please refer the attached image and video.

Can you please give me some advise how to implement a rotation relative to the point which is not the center of the node.

We have added your requirement “Support to provide the pivot point for rotation” to our features database.

Feature Description : If we set the pivot point in Node, then when we try to rotate the Node, the rotation will be based on this pivot point.

For the feature updates, please visit our website periodically.

Please let us know if you require further assistance on this.

Regards,

Sudhakar C

Attachment_3ed51e3f.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon