We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

TimePicker bug in 11.2.0.64

Hi.

After updating to the latest version, I've had some problems with the TimePicker control.

First time I set the timepickers value it doesn't update. If I then navigate away from the current page, sets it again, and navigates back it works like it should.

The code is unmodified between the two versions, so it has to be broken.

This is how I set my value:

public override void Set(object value)
        {
            if (value == null)
                this.timePicker.Value = new DateTime?();

else
                this.timePicker.Value = value;

this.value = value;
        }

When I set the value from code, it's always done while the component ain't visible - which means, that the user ivokes the action on a different page, I set the value, and then navigates to the page that renders the control.

I have a presentation in about 24 hours, and I cannot download 11.2.0.29 again, since the download link in the old forum thread points at 11.2.0.64, and I can't find the XAML-part of 11.2.0.29 on the version history page, meanwhile I cannot use 11.2.0.25 due to changes in the DataGrid. Do you have some sort of workaround, or just a link to 11.2.0.29? 

3 Replies

VV Vignesh V Syncfusion Team August 14, 2013 12:50 PM UTC

Hi Nicky,

We are unable to reproduce the reported problem 'Timepicker does not update value'. We have prepared a simple sample based on your code snippet in which we tried to reproduce the reported bug. Please modify the sample to reproduce the issue, so that we can assist you further.

Please find the attached sample in below link,

110567-Timepicker.zip 

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Vignesh V

NM Nicky Mogensen August 16, 2013 07:26 AM UTC

I don't seem to be able to reproduce the problem in the solution. It annoys me, since in debugging I can see that my code has the exact same behavior, and the problem came with the update.

Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to send in my solution, where the problem occurs. 

Anyways, we just have to live with this. We change the timepicker to the one from WinRT API when Windows 8.1 is released (so that we can get our european 24H times and seconds).

MM Mageshyadav M Syncfusion Team August 20, 2013 06:17 PM UTC

Hi Nicky,

We would like to work with you to get this issue 'TimePicker Value not updated intially' resolved. We have created incident 112091 under your Direct Trac account. At your convenience, please let us know when you could be available for a web meeting with screen sharing so that we can see this in your machine and try to work on a solution.

Please find the download link for 11.2.0.29 WinRT service pack release as requested in initial query,

https://s3.amazonaws.com/files2.syncfusion.com/Installs/v11.2.0.29/syncfusionessentialwinrt.exe

Also we are glad to inform that 24 hours support has been provided in Syncfusion TimePicker and this feature will be available in our upcoming 2013 Volume 3 release which is scheduled to be released on or before end of this month.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Mageshyadav.M

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon